Chapter 86: Point

The sight of the grass whizzing in front of me made me feel horendously weak. I was on his shoulders and I couldn't do anything about it. My feet were dangling on his front like I was caught in a hunt. Blood was rushing towards my head and it made other parts of my body go numb. Fear was already consuming most of my limbs and I couldn't move. For a lean body like his, he was surprisingly strong. Strong enough to end me and Kim. I shut my eyes, pushing away the possible thoughts. 

He dropped me on the hard ground and my elbows hurt from the impact. They were the ones that cushioned my fall. I quickly looked around, ignoring the surge of pain that followed thereafter and watched Mac as he disappeared into the woods. Woods?

And then it hit me. 

The sound of crashing waves, the seagulls that hover, the horizon in the distance, everything was coming to light. I was now on the same precipice where Winston strangled Josephine to death. After confirming where I was, my eyes quickly searched for Kim. And she was just opposite my direction. 

" Kim!" I called out.

" Mau!" She was smiling. Her eyes were red from all the crying, probably thinking he had killed me. " Oh, I'm glad you're still alive."

" Same here, Kim. Same here." I smiled back. I was genuinely relieved. " Are you injured?"

Kim shook her head. I smiled at her, not knowing what else to say. We both knew we were doomed and no one would come save us. It would take some sort of miracle that Kim and I would walk away from here unharmed. 

" Where do you think he's going?" Kim snapped me from my thoughts of hopelessness. I looked at her, and her expression was clear as day. She was as scared as I was. 

" I don't know. But let's try to escape from here." I said as I tried fumbling the ropes that bind my hands. Kim followed too knowing that if we would stay here a minute longer, we wouldn't ever be able to escape. Ever. 

The fibre ropes that bound our wrists and feet together reminded me of the ones that Mac used to kill Alfred and Thomas. The rope tugged onto our skin, making us wince in pain as we struggled to slip free. The rope digged onto our skin, causing red marks to form visibly. 

" It's no use, Mau." Kim sighed. 

" Just keep doing it, Kim." I ordered. I noticed Kim was already looking down, like she had lost all hope. 

" Kim, look at me. Look at me." 

She raised her head to meet mine, her facial expression had said it all. She had given up hope. She knew that we were going to die here now so there was no use trying. This had hurt me. I wasn't giving up on her. I wasn't giving up on anything. 

" I know that we've been in deep shit ever since that night at Yhannie's. But listen... we are going to get out from here. I promise you that. This is what we're going to do. We are going to escape from here and we are going to live. Do you understand? We are going to live." I told her, with determination and confidence in my voice. The last thing I would want right now would be a terrified Kim. I needed her bravery on this. 

Not hearing an answer, I repeated the question firmly. " Do you understand?"

This time, Kim nodded her head and wiped her tears away that rolled on her cheek. " I understand." she sobbed. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We continued with our struggling of the ropes when we heard footsteps heading our way. We turned to see it was Mac. And with him was a sack bag. 

" Sorry for the wait ladies. I have to make them all fit in." he patted the bag like it was an achievement. It didn't take a genius to know what it was inside. I knew what I saw earlier. They had cut them into miniature pieces. Those poor poor souls. That must have explained the long list of missing persons back at the police station. This filled my eyes with anger and rage. Kim, on the other hand, had no idea what was inside the bag. 

" What... What are you planning to do to us?" I mustered the courage to ask. 

Mac looked at me and smirked. " Today is the mark of their deaths. Today, we shall celebrate and commemorate their remarkable existence of love and deception and lies."

Kim and I couldn't believe what he had just said. What the hell was he going on about? 

" You're... You're insane!" insulted Kim. " Let us go this instant!" 

I was surprised that Kim had the guts to call him that. I didn't know if it was adrenaline or she really had that spunk in her. Since Kim was just a two meter distance away from me, it was difficult for me to go rushing over her if ever Mac would do something dire, especially when I was tied like this. I would just hope that Kim would keep her tongue if the going would get rough. We wouldn't want to provoke a deranged lunatic. 

" Oh Kim. It isn't that easy." he teased. I knew this was the perfect moment to unbind myself now that he got distracted. But the main problem was, how could I get myself out of these ropes? In the corner of my eye, I saw movement somewhere within the woods. Having wolves around would make it even harder to escape; let alone, live. But it wasn't a wolf. It was a woman. 

A woman wearing her Victorian lace night gown. 

She was one with the shadows of the trees. But I knew it was her. It was Josephine. She just stood there and stared at us; the supposed scarifices of their death's centennial. Fortunately, I felt something hard near my hands and I tried to feel it, it was a sharp rock. I took a firm grip and had started to slice through the ropes. Kim was doing a bloody good job of distracting him, that we would probably have a chance to escape. I felt the ropes loosen as I continued. It was working. I quickly turned to Josephine in the shadows but she was nowhere to be found. I knew she had helped me. The rock was her doing. I knew it was that same rock she used to hit Winston on the head. 

Finally, my hands were free and I quickly started with the ropes on my feet. Kim noticed but didn't stop distracting; cursing him on the process. Mac had his back on me so it was pretty safe but I had to be quick about it. After finally cutting through the last strand of rope, I finally was able to stand but I did so without a sound. We wouldn't want Mac to face my way now that I was still trying to keep my balance. 

Pushing him. 

Pushing him off the precipice was my only chance to save us. To save Kim. 

I took a step back as I got ready to run at full speed. I noticed Kim's expression had changed into something that I couldn't fathom. It was fear I was sensing but it wouldn't be too long. Mac will soon be falling to his death. Mac slowly turned to me, exposing the reason why Kim was terrified. 

He was pointing a gun point black on her face.