Chapter 24: Grandpa

" So what you guys are trying to tell me is that the three of you..." he motioned with his hand. His eyes fixed on us. "... are being haunted." he continued. There was a tone in his voice. A tone of mockery. I knew we shoudn't have gone to him but we didn't have any other choice. Kim and I are living alone in our flats. We don't want what happened to Yhan would happen to us next. 

Yhan was still rubbing her nose in the corner. She was making sure that the plaster was still intact. Her blonde hair, still in a ponytail, was messy and there was fatigue written all over her face. She has had enough, I could sense that. But we're trapped in this damn unfortunate series of events and we couldn't do anything about it. Kim, on the other hand, was sitting on the couch. Her arms across her chest as she tried her best to warm herself. Even with Mac's jacket on, which she borrowed earlier before we gathered in the living room, she seemed like she's onto something. I don't know if it's just paranoia but I always caught her glancing in different directions like she's seen something hopping from one direction to another. 

I was sitting beside Mac. I sat properly knowing that I'm too scared not to be. I quietly nodded to Mac's statement and looked down. 

Mac sensed the tension in the air. Three women scared out of their wits were in his living room and he quietly muttered. " Okay, I'll bite."

I'm glad he said that. Thank you, Mac. 

" Why would the three of you be haunted by Josephine Walter then?" he asked, pretending that he knew Josephine Walter. Curiosity covered his eyes. The sound of her name always gave me this chill. To tell you the truth, her whole being petrified me. 

Though I didn't have any answer to Mac's question, I just looked at him. My eyes were empty as my answers. I didn't know why neither. Mac understood what was going on. 

" You three must have done something to her." he said. " When did the hauntings start?" He sounded like he genuinely believed us and I know he did, seeing that his eyes widened. I knew that part of him. It was contradicting his statement of " I'll bite".

I scoffed. Mac ignored me. He then turned his attention to Kim, knowing that I wasn't going to give an answer. 

Kim was still wrapping her arms around her. " I don't know. But since we were sharing ghost stories."

Both Yhan and I widened our eyes. Why didn't we notice it sooner?

The ghost stories! That's it! 

I turned to Yhan and there was this hint of expectation in her eyes. She must have known what I was about to say. " Remember the time I asked you what it would mean if a candle was blown out before the story was finished?" She quickly nodded. Yeap. She already had anticipated it. " It must be that." I continued. 

Kim looked at us, confusion obvious in her eyes. " Meaning? We called them in?"

Yhan looked at us. " I don't know, but I know someone who does." She shot us a smile. 

" Who?" I just had to ask. 

" Grandpa."