Chapter 66: Murder

The lawyer looked at me from head to toe. That, I had to be honest, gave me shivers. His eyes were frail and focused, and somewhat, determined. I could sense determination from this old man in front of me. He was wearing a grey suit and his glasses seemed to be hiding the mockery in his eyes. The mere thought of ' What am I even doing here'?

" You seem rather young." he started, his eyes fixed on the fragility of my physique. I placed my arms across my chest. What a perv.

" I'm twenty four." I said, bluntly. 

" Yes, rather... quite young." he nodded. His remark made me raise one eyebrow. 

I wanted to know the truth. I wanted to know why I was here. I didn't want any more stalling. " What did I do wrong? I know my friends and I were tresspassing but that doesn't mean thi-" 

" Let me introduce myself." he cut me off. " My name's Carl Franz Smith. But you can call me Carl." He smiled at me, his wrinkles folded in the corners of his eyes. I bet he was in his fortys.

I forcely smiled back. " Hello, Mr. Carl."

He eyed me, and then back to the notebook on his lap. " I am here to represent you on your case, Miss Moore."

I was starting to get pissed. He was keeping off the subject. " Well, you are here." I scoffed. 

He looked at me, his lips thin. I presumed that he didn't know where to start. I was now, officially pissed. 

" What the fuck did my friends and I do, Mr. Carl?" I asked, with the tone of mockery on the Carl part.

He took off his glasses and wiped it with a white cloth. He crossed his legs. The fucking nerve. He wore his glasses again, pushing it with his finger before looking back at me. 

" The question is, what did you do?"

I raised my left eyebrow. " Excuse me?"

He sat properly. " Sorry. I may have been a little bit direct." 

I clenched my fists. He was my only way to get out of this shithole and he was being one. What a dick. 

" The officers told me that they have seen you and your friends in the murder scenes that have been happening these days. Of course, some officers let it slide because it must be coincidence and all." he said. " But one particular instance ... One particular moment shone some light onto it all." 

I thought back at it and realized that specific moment. " Let me guess, the time I asked them about Thomas Garner?"

He looked at me before nodding.

Shit.

 " Is... Is my friend okay?" I asked, thinking about Yhan. This may be the end of my future. Police were suspecting me now. I just had to know that my friend was okay.

He pursed his lips. " Yeah. She's quite alright."

I sighed in relief, and then asked again. " Did... Did they see someone else back at the house?" I thought about Kim. Memories of us started to flashback at the back of my mind. 

His lips thinned and then he shook his head. " No."

I silently nodded, holding back a sob.

" What I'm trying to say here Miss Moore is that, I want you to tell me the whole truth of what happened."

Here it comes. The reason why I was brought here.

" I want you to tell me why you murdered your friends."