Chapter 34: Message

" ALFRED! Alfred, baby! Is that you?" Yhan asked, hysterically. " Where are you right now? Please tell me. Please!" She started sobbing. 

The planchette didn't respond. I understood what Yhan was feeling. It must have been a big shock to see a loved one answer your questions as a spirit now. I was still in shock; my mouth, opened. Kim was too. Since we're communicating with him through the Ouija board, that could only mean one thing. I had had my assumptions before, but never did I expect or think that they were all true. 

Never did I think that he was already...

... dead.

" Grandpa, see? He's been taken! He's been taken by that...that bitch!" She hesitated to mention her name. " Help me Grandpa! Help me bring him back! Please, I beg of you" Yhan was starting to break the seance. The concentration we had was starting to dwindle. Her grandfather stayed silent. 

 I didn't want this to go for nothing. We wanted answers and we were about to get them. And if that would all disappear because Yhan has gone hysterical, then I would do anything to bring it all back. 

Anything.

" Yhan, please!" I snapped.

I stared at her with my brows furrowed. She was desperate and there was panic in her expression. I sighed. I closed my eyes and told myself to calm down. For the seance's sake and for my friend's sake. Besides, we weren't totally 100% sure if this Fred was our Alfred.

I opened my eyes and focused on the board. I took a deep breath and gathered all my courage to speak to the afterlife. I was the only one with the right mind to do it anyway. Yhan was hysterical and Kim was terrified. I was the only one to do this. I was the only one capable.

" Alfred Meyer, is that you?" I said calmly. My voice, flat. 

There was silence. No response or whatsoever. 

I repeated. " Alfred Meyer, is that -"

Before I could finish, the planchette slowly moved eerily towards the word YES. My eyes widened. A "yes". We were communicating with Alfred. Our Alfred. 

If I was in Yhan's place, and Mac disappeared... I would have done the same. I would have been desperate to communicate with a missing loved one. I would definitely have! 

My hands were trembling, but I did my best to mutter. " W-Where are you now?"

I turned to Sir when I felt his hand on my arm. He shook his head. I understood right away. I quickly changed my question. 

" D-Do you have a message for us?"

The planchette remained still. We stared at it for a minute but we still hadn't gotten any response. I decided to ask again. 

" Alfred, do you have a message for us?"

This time, the planchette moved quickly! Letter after letter! We had a hard time chasing it with our eyes. But we knew what it spelt.

It spelt:

H                     E                          L                         P