Chapter 61: Blood

" We are here and we are with you." Yhan started. She skipped the inhale, exhale part knowing that this house was creeping us out and we didn't want to stall any further. Our eyes were opened and we didn't dare close them. 

" We gather here today in search for answers. We gather here today in hope that we will receive your presence." We were holding hands and Kim coughed beside me. I wouldn't blame her. It WAS dusty up here. " Is there anyone here who wishes to speak with us?" Yhan continued. 

My muscles tensed. Honestly, I didn't want to hear any where-the-hell-did-that-come-from knocking. But this time, there was nothing. Only pure silence. It made me sigh in relief.

" I think we really should close our eyes and inhale and exhale." Kim said, coughing. 

I let go of her hand and patted her back. " I guess she's right Yhan. I think we're doing this wrong."

" Shut up. I'm not my grandfather. How am I supposed to know what comes next?" she countered. 

I let go of her hand and sighed. Kim coughed a bit harder this time. I continued to pat her back. " Just... Just do what you must." I said. 

Yhan narrowed her eyes at me. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. 

" We are here and we are with you." she repeated. " We gather here today in search for answers. We gather here today in hope that we will receive your presence." She opened her eyes and looked around the room. " Is anyone here who wishes to speak with us?"

We waited.

And waited.

But nothing happened. 

" We're doing something wrong here." I piped in. 

" Let me see you try then." Yhan said. 

Kim continued coughing. I continued to pat her back without looking at her. My eyes fixed on the Ouija board as my hand continued to save Kim from her unwanted cough. I placed my free hand on the board's planchette and nodded my head to Yhan. Yhan followed. I looked at Kim and motioned her to follow too. She did, still coughing. 

" You should get yourself checked, Kim. That's not your average coughing-because-of-dust cough." Yhan said. I agreed with Yhan. 

" Psh. This is nothing." Kim insisted. She coughed and coughed, placing her fist in front of her mouth as she did. She motioned her hand for us to continue. 

We were worried. She was having allergies, maybe? 

" Let yourself be known to us." Yhan started again. She snapped me from my worries and I started to focus on the seance instead. Kim was still coughing continuously. 

" Give us a sign-" Blood was splattered all over the circle. There was blood on my jeans, the Ouija board, the candles, and Yhan's top was tainted by it too. Our eyes widened as we spun to see a frazzled Kim, with blood dripping from her mouth.