Chapter 21: Sssh

" YHAN!" 

We stormed the bathroom and unplugged the hairdryer. I grabbed her hands.

" What the hell are you doing!?" I shouted.

Yhan was obviously in a daze. Her expression blank. There was emptiness in her eyes. We got here just on time. One second later would be fatal. Too fatal. 

" Answer me! What the hell were you trying to do!?" I was so mad. This was what I feared the most and yet, it just happened. 

Kim stood at the door with her hands on her mouth. " Mau, get away from there."

I turned to Kim angrily. " What!?"

" Just do it."

I looked back at Yhan.Her head was already bent down. I slowly took a step backward. " Yhan?"

Yhan started to giggle. 

I took another step backward. " Yhan? Snap out of it." I said

Yhan slowly stood up from the tub, her face still bent down. We could see her grin under all that hair. Her giggles were in a low hoarse voice. A voice that I knew wasn't her. 

" Y-Yhan?" Kim stuttered. 

She slowly raised her head to look at us and when our eyes met, the bathroom mirror broke. And Yhan collapsed. 

We hurried to her.

" YHAN!" I shook her shoulders! " Yhan!"

She was as cold as ice. She wasn't breathing and I couldn't feel her pulse. Oh God, please.

" Yhan!" Kim was starting to cry. 

Yhan jolted out from the floor and inhaled deeply. " GASP!"

She's alive! Thank goodness! I hugged her. Kim hugged her too. I felt Yhan's hands on my back. She's hugging us back. 

I have never felt so relieved in my entire life. She's with us, here right now. And she's alive.

" This is getting out of hand!"

We were all in the kitchen. We could feel the tension rising. 

" What do you mean, you don't remember?" Kim raised her voice. 

" I don't remember means I don't remember! I don't remember doing all of those things! I don't fucking remember them all!" 

Kim was pacing back and forth near the counter. Her hands were on her hips. She's restless, tired and even more scared. Yhan was sitting on one of the dining table's chairs. She rubbed her forehead and I could see dark circles around her eyes. The three of us hadn't got any real sleep ever since we started the sleepovers. 

 It was six in the evening. Their voices echoed throughout the house as they argued and argued and argued. To be honest, I am mad. But I just don't have the mood to let out my anger right now. Yhan has gone through enough. 

" One second... One FUCKING second later, we would have found your corpse in that tub, you hear me!?" Kim raised her finger. 

Yhan stood up from the chair. Pushing the chair. " You know what!? I didn't ask any of this! I'm having problems of my own and you're here nagging..." 

" STOP IT."

They both turned to me. 

" Guys, just stop it." I said calmly.

They both looked at each other and had their backs turn. Yhan sat back on the chair again and Kim leaned on the kitchen's counter. 

" Guys, we had a rough day. Each of us. We didn't have any proper sleep and Alfred's missing." I eyed Yhan but tried my best to continue. " There were circumstances but at least everyone's safe." Yhan rolled her eyes.

Kim stood away from the counter. " You know what I say? This is bullshit! I'm out of here." She hurried out of the kitchen and out the door. I didn't even have time to say anything to Yhan but I chased Kim anyway.

" Kim, wait!"

" Just, stop it Mau."

" Come on, now. Please. Yhan needs us." I tried to keep my voice as low as possible while trying to chase her. 

" No. She only needs you."

" You are so selfish! Kim, SHE is our friend."

Kim turned to me and was about to say something but she froze. 

" What?" Irritation was in my voice. She was looking at something on the second floor of the house. I turned around, pissed and my heart stopped.

A woman wearing a  Victorian cream dress is by the window and is looking down at us. Her face was pale and her lips purple. Her messy brown hair was kept in a bun. She was grinning. She tilted her head to the right. She slowly moved her hand and placed her finger on her mouth in a way of saying Sssssh.

And then she grinned once again.

"  Josephine Walter." I heard Kim mutter behind me.

That's when I realized...

" YHAN!"