Chapter 92 Arriving in the Shire

Start from the beginning

"Is there something wrong, my dear?" Bilbo asks.

"No, nothing is wrong, Bilbo, just a little tired.

Bilbo raises an eyebrow, thinking that it's odd hearing such a thing from Natasha. Dwalin smiles down at his One.

"She's pregnant, Lad, she tires a little easier now."

"Oh my goodness, that's wonderful news, I'm happy for both of you. When are you due, my dear," Bilbo asks.

"In six or seven months," Natasha says with a smile, as she places a hand on her small baby bump.

"So little time is that normal for humans," Bilbo asks.

"Yes, though it might be a bit longer since the baby is half dwarf," Bruce explains.

"Well, congratulations again. Now it's almost time for second breakfast, while you rest I shall get started," Bilbo informs the mother to be.

"I think I'll help you," Alina tells Bilbo.

"Ghivashel, do you not want to rest as well," Thorin asks.

"No, Thorin, I feel fine."

"Well since the lass is going to help and there are so many of us, I think I'll help too," Bombur informs the others.

So between Bilbo, Bombur and Alina the quickly made enough food for the Dwarves of Erebor, plus Tony, Pepper, Logan, Natasha, and Bruce. They all sat down in Bilbo's dining room and had a wonderful second breakfast. And as they ate Thorin explained to Bilbo what had been going on in the mountain and what the reason for their visit was.

Bilbo thought for a while and looked at Thorin, "I think it's a wonderful idea, but I don't know how many Hobbits would be willing to go to Erebor, aside from the Tooks. They are the most adventurous of us all. We can always talk to the Thain and see what he says. But not right now, you all arrived just in time, tonight in our Autumn Festival. There will be singing and dancing, and of lots and lots of food,"  Bilbo tells them with a smile, "And then if you like, Thorin, at that time we can talk to the Thain."

Thorin thinks for a moment then looks at Tony, who nodded. "That would be agreeable, Bilbo. I think in the meantime I would like to show the queen your village, that is of course if you are up to it, Amrâlimê."

"I think that's a lovely idea, Bilbo, will you show us around?"

"Of course, just let me get my coat, but we can't stay out too late, I have some baking to do for the festival.

"Oh, do not worry about that, Lad, I will be happy to do all the baking for you. I would much rather cook than take a tour of the village," Bombur tells Bilbo.

"That would be wonderful, Bombur thank you."

Bifur and I will stay behind and give him a hand as well, Bilbo. Don't you worry about a thing, we'll have some fruit and meat pies ready by the time the festival starts," Bofur tells Bilbo.

Now that, that was settled, Bilbo, Thorin, Alina, Tony, Pepper, Logan and Bruce along with the rest of the Company made their way down to the village. Natasha and Dwalin decided to stay behind so she could rest.

Bilbo led the way down to the village where they all could see the Hobbits decorating for the Autumn Festival. Hobbits were setting up gaming booths and food stands, they were putting the finishing touches to the dance floor that was located under a large gazebo. The women were helping to put up red and yellow bunting around the stands making them look all the more attractive. Even though the Hobbits still worked out in the field set up for the Festival, the market place was still in full swing. Pepper looked around in awe at all the wonderful trinkets and jewelry that was being sold. The colorful skirts and blouses that were sold, she wished that they made some in her size.

"Well, Pep, if they don't make them in your size how about we have some made," Tony tells her.

Pepper's eyes light up at the thought, "But, Tony, where would I wear them to?"

"Just around the tower, casual clothes or when we come back to visit," Tony tells her.

"Do you think a seamstress will have time?"

"She can get your measurements then we can come back for it later."

Pepper thought about it and agreed. She and Tony approached a young Hobbit lass and commissioned her to make Pepper some frocks and blouses. Tony offered to pay her handsomely if she would so she accepted. Pepper ended up going with the Hobbit lass back to her smial so that she could get Pepper's measurements.

Elsewhere, Thorin and Alina were walking hand in hand through the market with Logan following not too far off. They too were buying little trinkets to take back to Erebor. And as they walked people would recognize Thorin and bow to him, he would nod in response. Alina gave him a questioning look.

"How do the Hobbits know you?"

Thorin smirked, "The Company and I had to stay for a week to help Bilbo get back his belongings that had been sold off when they thought he was dead. I had to use my royal influence to get things done faster."

"So basically you intimidated them."

Thorin's smirk turned into a grin, "Aye, love, I did just that."

Alina shook her head, "Thorin, you're terrible."

"It did work though," Thorin said with a laugh as they continued to walk throughout the market.

As the day progressed Bilbo took everyone after Tony and Pepper met up with them again to the Green Dragon for Elevenses. They had seed cake and lemon cake with tea, coffee for Logan and Tony. Once they were finished they headed up to Bilbo's smial so that Bilbo could help with the baking and prepare for Luncheon. But as they were on their way back Thorin noticed that some of the Hobbits were struggling to put up the tents, he looked at his Company and they nodded. Thorin looked at Logan, Tony, and Bruce and they agreed as well. They were going to help the Hobbits set up for the Festival.

"Amrâlimê, you do not mind if we help the Hobbit set up, do you," Thorin asked.

"No not at all, do you Pepper?"

"No not at all, as long as you all are back in time for lunch,"

"Don't worry Pepper, I wouldn't miss Bilbo's cooking for anything," Tony tells her, then gives her a quick kiss.

"In the meantime, My Love, I think you should take a nap. You have been on your feet far too long," Thorin tells his wife.

"Alright, give me your coat so I can have your scent."

Thorin smiles and takes off his coat, he hands it to Alina then gives her a kiss.

"Have a good nap, My Love."

"Be careful, Thorin."

"Always."

And with that, Bilbo, Pepper, and Alina made their way back to Bilbo's smial.