Chapter 40 The Battle Rages On

**JARVIS Talking**
(Black Speech being spoken)

Sigrid and Alina teleported back to the healing tents and are immediately bombarded with more wounded. Things are getting more hectic, and with Bruce, in Dale, it was getting harder to keep up with the casualties.

"Sigrid, please put on an apron and get me some water, we must get to work as quickly as possible." Sigrid nods and runs for the water.

Meanwhile, Alina goes to check on Natasha. "How are you feeling, Nat?"

Natasha opens her eyes, her color had returned and her breathing was no longer labored. "I'm feeling much better. But you look worn out, are you alright?"
Natasha asks concern lacing her voice.

Alina gave her a smile and pats her arm. "Never better."

Natasha quirked an eyebrow. "I don't think so, Alina, what's the matter?"

Alina sighed. "Nothing, it's just a lot of work, there are so many casualties. I'm tired and I'm worried about Thorin."

Natasha's eyes softened she pats her arm. "Rest, Alina, it's not good for you or the baby."

Alina squeezed her hand. "No time, I have to get back to work."

As the battle raged on more and more Orcs poured out of the mountain. The location of the healing tents was no longer safe. Oin was becoming very worried about their current location.

"We must move the wounded into Erebor!" Oin said to the Elves.

"But how shall we do that? There is too much fighting, we'll never make it." One Elf said. "If we stay here any longer we will be overrun."

Alina sighed, "I'll take them, you all get to the Healing Rooms inside Erebor and get them ready. I'll teleport the wounded."

Oin patted her arm. I'll stay with you Lass." Oin says.

"No, Oin, you need to show them where it is and help set up. I can take care of myself." Alina insisted.

"I'll stay with her." Came a voice from a behind them.

It was Bruce, he was back from Dale. He was sweaty and his clothes were torn up, but otherwise, he was fine. One of the healers from Dale handed him some clothes to put on.

"Alright, that's settled, let's get to work."

Alina thought it best to teleport the healers into Erebor to avoid any injuries and to get things going faster. Sigrid elected to also stay behind and prep the wounded for the teleportation.

Slowly but surely the wounded were teleported to the safety of Erebor. When it came time to take Natasha, she refused. "No, Alina, take me to Dale. I feel fine, it's time for me to get back into the fighting."

Alina gave her a concerned look. "Are you sure, Nat, you can stay here and help out?"

Natasha scoffed. "I'm not a healer like you, I'm a killer. Time to put those talents to good use. Let's get going to Dale."

Alina sighed and nodded. "Okay, Nat, if that's what you want I'll take you." With that, they teleported back to Dale.

Once arriving they ran into Bard and several men who were being overrun by Orcs. Alina instantly set them ablaze and threw them back with her telekinesis.

"Thank you, Alina, should you not be in the healing tents?" Bard asked.

"Everyone has been moved into Erebor and it just now occurred to me that maybe I should teleport the women and children there as well. What do you think, Bard?"