Chapter 37 The Eve Of The Battle

*Mild Sexual Content*

Logan, Natasha, and Alina quickly made their way over to where Thorin was training with Kili, both of Dwarves shirtless. Thorin's muscles rippled as he blocked Kili's attack. Alina was mesmerized, but she wasn't the only one. Alina noticed that standing not too far from the practice field, was Tauriel and her eyes were transfixed on Kili. Alina excused herself from Logan and Natasha and made her way over towards the Elf. Alina silently teleported next to the Elf maiden.

"I see you like what you're seeing, don't you Tauriel?" Alina asks with a smirk.

Tauriel looks down at the little woman. "I am sure I don't know what you are talking about, Alina," Tauriel says with a blush.

Alina nods towards the ring. "You know, it is alright to admire what right in front of you. Kili is a fine specimen, not as fine as his Uncle but still."

Tauriel lets out a laugh. "Alright I'm caught, yes he is quite handsome without a shirt on and I am enjoying the view." Both women laugh.

Thorin is distracted by the sound of his One's laughter. He turns toward the sound and completely ignoring Kili, giving Kili the chance to playfully tackle his Uncle.

"OOF!" Thorin groans out as he hits the ground. "Get off me, you great oaf!"

He chastises Kili. Kili gets off his Uncle with a cheeky grin. "Just thought I'd take advantage of your distraction Uncle to remind you to pay attention." Thorin gives Kili a playful shove and walks towards his beloved.

"Hello, my sweetheart," Thorin says, completely ignoring Tauriel, "Are you feeling any better, my darling?"

Thorin hugs and kisses her, his hand drifting to her belly. Alina places her hand over Thorin's.

"Oh, I feel much better, my love. The Elves gave me something to settle my stomach. They also gave me some extra herbs to help with my morning sickness for the remainder of my pregnancy."

Thorin frowned. "My heart, you don't need anything from *them* to help with your morning sickness. I'm sure Oin could have given you something for it as well."

Thorin said then glanced suspiciously at Tauriel. Alina slapped Thorin on the arm. "Thorin please, Lord Elrond and his healers were only trying to help."

Thorin huffed, "I suppose since it came from The Elves of Rivendell, it can not be all bad." He conceded.

Alina gave Tauriel an apologetic look, the She-Elf only smile and slowly walked away.

The sparing continued well into the evening. At which time it was ordered that all soldiers cease training. They were to enjoy their last feast before the battle tomorrow but no ale would be provided. Thorin continued to train with Dwalin for a while longer. Dwalin was very worried about his friend and King. He was so worried it was becoming a distraction. Frustrated, Thorin drives his sword into the ground and approaches Dwalin.

"What is the matter with you? I might as well be sparing with a Dwarfling!"

Dwalin finally made eye contact with Thorin. "I'm just worried about you and the lads that's all."

Thorin understood everyone was worried about him, Fili, and Kili. From his wife and her friends to Lord Elrond and The Lady Galadriel. Thranduil couldn't care less.

"I know you are my friend, but everything will be fine." Dwalin was about to protest when Thorin held up his hand, "I know what my fate is in Alina's world and that Damn Book. But my fate in THIS world has long since changed, Dwalin. With Alina's arrival, everything changed. I was fated to live out the remainder of my life alone and die a horrible meaningless death. And now all of that has changed. I am now fated to be a good husband to my wife, a loving father to my unborn child and King of Erebor. My life has meaning to it now. And I tell you this Dwalin, I'll be damned before I lose what I have been blessed with now."