Chapter 90 Exploring Erebor

Pepper gawked at Tony's chambers. She had never seen anything so ostentatious in all her life and yet it suited Tony so well. The room had ceiling to floor tapetries covering the rock walls depicting Dwarven Battles from long ago, there were weapons of all sorts adorning the walls. Large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, which upon better inspection were adorned in diamonds, rubies, and gold. There was a large fire already burning in the fire place adding a homey feeling to it. A large four post bed in the middle of the room, with piles of furs on it. But what really caught Pepper's eyes was the fact that everything was in red and gold, literally rubies and gold.

Pepper turned slowly to face Tony, she stared at him for a minute.

"What?" Tony asks.

"Are those actual rubies decorating your room?"

"Oh, yeah, Alina told them that I like red and gold and Thorin doesn't mind. This is like a fraction of what's in the treasury."

"That ruby is the size of my fist!" Pepper pointed out.

"Yeah it's a small one."

"My fist, Tony!"

"What can I say you have small hands."

"Tony!

"Pepper!"

"Anyway, this was their way of saying thank you for my help with the battle and what not." Tony tells her.

"You know what I want to know is why haven't you teched this place out?" Pepper asks.

"I have enough tech at home this is like a vacation from it, I like how rustic it is, besides I'm not completely without tech, there are two Iron Man suits in here on stand by, so that means JARVIS is here as well. Besides I always brings some gadgets with me, I just don't want to change the room around."

"Well, it's a beautiful room, Tony, I love it. It's you in a weird way."

"I'm glad you like our room. Now it's almost lunch time, let's go have lunch then we'll go explore and maybe go to Dale."

At that moment JARVIS informed Tony that lunch would be held in the private dining room of the king and queen. Due to the fact that the Great Hall was being prepared for tonight's feast. Tony thanked JARVIS, then he and Pepper left their room to head to the royal suite.

Pepper looks around in awe at the sheer size of Erebor. She couldn't believe that the Dwarves could accomplish so much and on such a grand scale. Granted some of it was still under reconstruction due to the damage from the dragon, but still it was an impressive undertaking. Everything only proved the craftsmanship of the Dwarves and how hard working they are.

Tony smiles at the wonder in Pepper's eyes, he has a firm grip on her hand so that she won't wander off in some other direction to inspect something. When they reach the enormous double door that lead to the King and Queen's suites, they are greeted by JARVIS and he pushes the door open for them.

Inside was warm and homey and brightly lit, Pepper instantly felt at home in the room. It was decorated in royal blue, the signature color of House Durin. It had accents of gold and silver, a large fire place burned brightly adding warmth and light. There was a balcony that looked out over Dale. Off to the side were several extra bedrooms and offices and the private dining room.

Pepper looked around in awe as Tony led her to the private dining hall, they were the last to arrive. When they entered, everyone rose from their chairs. Pepper blushed at the attention.

"Welcome, Tony, Pepper to our home." Thorin says.

"Sorry we're late, I couldn't get this one to walk fast enough she kept gawking around." Tony says as Pepper elbows him in the ribs.