Chapter 43 Feasting and Sneaking

Thorin has a smile from ear to ear. Tony was right everything was finally going right. He had a right to celebrate. Though he missed his Azyungâl very much and wished she was there, she and the babe were safe in bed. Little did he know Alina was now sneaking her way toward the kitchen. The chicken soup was good especially after Thorin brought her more salt, but she wanted more. She would have teleported by she was too tired.

Alina could hear the commotion coming from the Dining Hall and thought *Haha they will never hear me with all that racket!*

She headed straight into the kitchen. It was huge, cavernous even. But with that lovely nose of hers, she sniffs out exactly what she wanted. She grabbed a big bowl and ladled in some chicken soup. She added some steamed carrots in it this time. She tasted it and added two pinches of salt. Then she found some lemon and added just a little juice. It was perfect. exactly what she was craving. She found a whole loaf of bread and a pitcher of water. She set everything on the tray when she heard a voice behind her ask.

"What are you doing?"

Alina screamed of bloody murder.

The others were in the dining hall laughing and carrying on at the antics of the dwarves. Natasha was shamelessly sitting on Dwalin's lap kissing all his new scars on his head, his chin, basically making out with him. Fili was holding hands with Sigrid while she would play with his mustache braid. Anytime she would tug on it he would growl and kiss her. King Bard found it cute and disturbing at the same time. The happy couple had yet to tell anyone about Sigrid's pregnancy. The only people that knew were Alina since she was the one who informed them of it in the first place and Kili.

The Elves were their regal and stoic self as always. Though Lord Elrond more relax and jovial than Thranduil. Lord Elrond was enjoying his time speaking with Charles. Learning all he could about mutants should the need ever arise again.

Once Thorin had some drinks in him he was a lot more fun to be around. He was relaxed and funny and told dirty jokes but when they started getting personal Logan tackled him to shut him up.

"Why did you do that, Logan?"

Logan smirks "I didn't think you'd want the whole kingdom to know how your mate looks naked." Then Logan helped him up.

Thorin gave Logan a wide eye look, "Thank you for shutting me up my friend."

It was at that moment that Logan heard that very familiar voice scream bloody murder.

Without saying a word Logan discreetly made his way to the kitchen with a worried look on his face. Tony was drinking when he saw him heading in the direction of the kitchen.

"Hey, pincushion what's up?!" Tony yelled.

Logan made eye contact with him and mouthed "Alina."

That was all he had to say. Tony sobered up and was making his way that way as well. Thorin seeing this put two and two together and it equal Alina.

They found her in her robe clutching her heart quietly laughing sitting on a stool, Bilbo next to her doing the same thing. The three concerned men looked at each other.

A very annoyed Thorin bellowed. "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?"

Scaring them again and making Alina squeak from fright. Tony burst out laughing, he hadn't heard her do that since she was a kid. Big Brother mode kick in.

"Aww, Honey Bunny, what happened?" He said as he walked over hugged and kissed her his baby sister.

Logan and Thorin looked at each other "Did I ever mention that Stark has her very spoiled." Logan says to Thorin.

"I am beginning to realize that," Thorin says with a smile. He didn't mind the thought of spoiling her. She was after all 164 years his junior.

"Well after I ate I went to sleep but woke up hungry again so I came to the kitchen to get some more soup just in a larger portion." She said cuddling more into Tony.

Bilbo nodded. "And I saw Alina heading into the kitchen, so I followed her. I came up behind her to ask what she was doing and she screamed. After we recovered from the fright and told me what happened we were having a good laugh when you three came in."

Thorin walked up to Alina "But why didn't you tell the guard to get you something, Amrâlimê?"

She ran her fingers along his beard. "For two reason. One: I wanted it a certain way and two: There were no guards up there. I was by myself. But that's okay I'm fine, we're fine and I could have teleported had something happened."

Tony knew she was lying right off the bat, she's a terrible liar when it comes to lying to him and Logan just smelled it.

Thorin was kicking himself. How could he have left the two most precious people in the world to him unguarded? "Azyungâl, I am so sorry to have left you so vulnerable, it will never happen again you will have your own personal guard with you all the time."

Alina was taken aback, "It isn't necessary, I can take care of myself. Hello, omega mutant here?"

Tony rolled his eyes, "Who is suffering from fatigue right now and can't teleport."

Alina reared back. "I can too!"

Tony crossed his arms "Oh sure you can, liar. That's why you're down here sneaking around because you can teleport. If you're not lying do it, teleport."

Alina knew she was caught besides Logan knew it too. He could smell her lying a mile away.

"Alright fine! I can't teleport, but I can use my other powers."

Logan and Tony raised their eyebrows and stared at her.

"OKAY FINE! I'M VIRTUALLY HELPLESS RIGHT NOW!" She yelled and burst into tears.

All three men backed off confused. Not used to seeing her cry, but Bilbo knew exactly what to do.

"Oh, Alina, don't cry, these three are just brutes. Of course, you're not helpless you can still defend your child. You're just drained right now. With all the work you've been doing, it's a wonder you can even stand."

Her tears started to slow down, "I'm not a failure?"

All three men, "No of course not!"

But she completely ignored them, she was only looking at Bilbo. "No my dear, you are no failure. Since I have known you, you have never failed at anything you have done. Right now you just need rest. So come on, my dear, let's take you up to your room or would you prefer that one of them carry you?"

She looked at her husband, brother, and friend. "Let's go, Bilbo." She took the Hobbit's offered arm.

As they walked out of the kitchen, Bilbo tossed over his shoulder. "Would one of you bring her tray please?"

All three men stared at each other. "What just happened? How'd he get her to calm down like that?" Tony asked.

"I do not know but I am going to find out. Bring the tray." With that Thorin dashed out the door after them.

Logan looked at Tony "Not it" and left as well.

Tony rolled his eyes and picked up his tray and followed behind.