Chapter 8: Beorns House And The Beginnings Of Love

*WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT!*

When Thorin woke up, he found himself on his back with a petite woman sprawled across his chest hugging him tightly. He was a little disoriented at first, then he remembered why he fainted. She had told him she loved him. Asleep or not. Thorin was going to take that as a glimmer of hope. Thorin buried his nose in the brunette's hair, just to take in her scent. He kissed the top of her head wrapped his arm around her then fell right back to sleep.

An hour later, Thorin felt someone shaking him. Without opening his eyes or releasing Alina he told his would be attacker.

"Whoever you are, go away. I'm resting." The shaking became more insistent. 

Once again without opening his eyes."Go away or I'll have Dwalin kill you."

Thorin hears a chuckle. "I am Dwalin."

Thorin sighs and settles more into the blanket getting a more comfortable grip on Alina. "Good Dwalin keep everyone away, I'm sleeping."

A full blown laugh erupts from Dwalin. "It looks like your cuddling with a teddy bear rather than sleeping."

Thorin admits it with no shame. "Fine I'm cuddling with my beloved. I do not care what you think just let me sleep."

Dwalin, with his shoulders still shaking from laughter, jabs Thorin in the stomach. Knowing full well that Thorin hates that. It also serves to get him out of bed. Thorin sits straight up in the bedroll scaring Alina half to death. She lets out a little scream.

"Sorry beloved, that was Dwalin's fault." With that he throws the covers off grabs his boots and stomps off after Dwalin. Not even realizing what he had said.

Rounding the corner almost catching up with Dwalin, he pulled up short. "Did I just say what I think I said?"

Suddenly Thorin was no longer feeling well. He sat down heavily on the floor to put his boots on. Then numbly walked outside. Dwalin was still laughing when he saw Thorin come around the corner of the house, but stopped when he saw how pale and sweaty he was.

Dwalin rushed over to Thorin. "Thorin, what happened, are you hurt?"

Dwalin questioned in a worried tone checking Thorin all over for any wounds. Thorin just shrugged he had no idea if he had ruined everything between him and Alina and frankly he didn't want to know.

"Thorin, will you talk to me, before I knock you out." Dwalin said to him trying to get some sort of rise out of him.

Thorin finally made eye contact with Dwalin. "I called Alina 'my beloved'. And I may have ruined my chances of being with her forever!"

Dwalin crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. "Just because you called her beloved? Have you lost your mind, man? Do you think such a small thing really ruined everything for you? Has it not occurred to you that she may feel the same way, but is frighten by your reaction to say anything?"

Thorin was taken aback! No, that thought had never occurred to him. Frighten of him why? Hate him yes, fear him never. Oh! Fear his reaction to her feelings as he fears hers.

"I see what you mean Dwalin, thank you."

Dwalin grunted "Do you? Good, now lets spar.  After this I'm sure Alina will want to spar with me as well." Dwalin said under his breath.

Alina sat there on the bedroll, hair all disheveled, in complete shock. Did Thorin really just call her his beloved? And did he mean it or was it just a turn of phrase? Of course he meant it! Alina felt all his love behind it when he said it. She just couldn't believe it. She got up and put away her bedroll. Then she went about brushing her hair out so it was nice, smooth, and straight. Exactly the way Thorin liked it. She put her boots on and went to go look for Gandalf.