Chapter 29 Tony's Intel

The Council reconvened in Thranduil's tent. Tony was feeling very good about himself and he was going to let Thranduil know it. Thorin could see it on Tony's face the closer they got to Thranduil's tent. The more arrogant Tony got. This time he was going to let Tony speak his mind. He just hopes he didn't regret it.

Once again Thorin stopped Tony. "Speak your mind this time Tony, do not make me regret this decision."

Tony clapped him on the shoulder. " You won't, Bro." 

Thorin quirk an eyebrow "What does that mean?"

Tony laughed "It's short for Brother. Because you trust me, and I trust you, I consider you my brother." Then Tony walked off.

Everyone from the war council was there, they were just waiting for Thorin. Tony entered first making a grand Stark entrance. "So a human couldn't make it there and back in an hour, huh? Well weren't you totally wrong Thrandy! Not only did I get there and get all the information that we need. I still had enough time to go and find out what's going on with the other army from the East!" Thorin was very impressed.

Thranduil looked utterly bored. "Tell us then, Master Stark, what did you learn." 

Tony smirked, "How about I show you instead. JARVIS, project the hologram please, over the map."

The Hologram projection of the Gundabad army was projected from the Arc Reactor in Tony's chest. Everyone in the room gasped including the dignified Elves.

"What sort of magic is this?" Thranduil asked.

Tony rolled his eyes. "No magic, no sorcery, just little 'ole me and these two little hands created all this with this brain. Oh and this power source." Tony said tapping his chest. "May I continue?" Thranduil nodded.

"It is actually an army of ten thousand Orcs and Trolls armed to the teeth. But since it is so big their progress is slow. What I propose is to attack them now before they get any closer." 

Lord Dain liked the boy especially since he shut Thranduil up, but they could not divide their forces. "What would you have us do, Lad, divide our forces?"

Tony stood up straighter looked Thranduil straight in the eyes. Boy Tony could now understand why Thorin hates him so much And says, "Nope, just me and my boys."

This time Thranduil actually starts laughing, almost guffawing. "And how many 'boys' do you have?" Thranduil says in a mocking tone.

Tony turns to Thorin who nods. "I have 54, JARVIS deploy."

Once Tony gave the command all 54 suits landed inside the tent. They all simultaneously turned and bowed to Thorin, then straightened. Thorin looked to Tony in surprise, Tony just shrugged. Thorin gave a slight bow to Tony.

Tony clears his throat, "Each one of my suits is worth 1,000 of their Orcs, then considering that their weapons will do nothing to these suits this will be no contest. If you don't believe me have one of your men come at me."

Thranduil smirked anything to shut this arrogant human up. He waved Legolas forward.

Tony snorted and lowered his faceplate. "Come on pretty boy, let's see what you got."

An angered Legolas unsheathed Orcrist and with all his might swung at Tony trying to cut him in half. The force was so strong it doubled Tony over, but he stood up straight like nothing. The suit was undamaged.

"I'm sorry were you just knocking on my suit? Try putting a little more force into it next time."

Legolas attacked him again, the same result.  Legolas was going for a third time, when.

"That's enough, Legolas," Lord Elrond said in a calm tone though giving the young elf a steely look. "I think Mr. Stark has proven his point. He and his soldiers are equipped to deal with the army to the North."

"I agree with my Lord Elrond on this, what say you, King Bard? Gandalf asks.

"If you think these contraptions of yours will work then by all means, what say you, Lord Dain?" asked Bard

"You're taking on a lot by yourself, Lad. But if you think you can do it. Then I too agree, Thorin?"

Thorin looks Tony up and down then stands. "I trust my Brother and if he says he and his suits can do it. Then I believe it." Tony looks at Thorin and bows. The use of 'brother' was not lost on him.

Only Thranduil was left. "If the human wishes to fight the army alone with only his puppets, who am I to stop him. Let him go to his doom, what is one less human."

Logan and Dwalin both growl at Thranduil, though Steve had to restrain Logan who popped his claws.

"Thorin, restrain your dogs or keep them out."

Thorin ignored his comment. Being with his queen has helped him learn to control his temper a great deal.

Next Tony showed them the empty field where they are expecting the other Orc army to march into. Tony explains, "As you can see the field is empty, but the army from the East is not marching above ground."

He changed the images to deeper in the earth. "They're using tunnels?" Asked Dain, "Who or what could be digging the tunnels?"

Then it dawns on Gandalf. "They are using Were-worms."

Understanding runs through all of them including those not of this world, they all saw the movie.

"That being the case I estimate they'll be here the day after tomorrow. And they'll come out at these two points." Tony indicating on the map, "I'll leave you now so you can plan, JARVIS, keep projecting until Cap. says otherwise."

Tony was about to walk out of the tent when Dwalin step in his way. "Not just yet, lad."