Chapter 9: Conversation With Dwalin.

Thorin lovingly washed Alina's hair, while she slept in his arms. It meant so much to him that she felt so safe to fall asleep like this with him. He rinsed out her hair then moved on to her body, trying desperately not to get aroused.

'No, no I can not. We must get back to Beorn's house before night fall.' Thorin thought.

Alina felt Thorin stirring underneath her and awoke with a start. She pushed away from him. "No Thorin we can't go again, I mean it!"

Thorin laughed at her reaction. "Do not worry Amrâlimê, though the thought did cross my mind after washing your incredible body, I know we can not. We've been out here too long, the lads will be worried."

They finished washing and got dressed damp, headed back toward the house. Alina stumbled once and Thorin caught her by the arm.

"What?! Is the great mutant becoming clumsy?" He chuckled as he nuzzled her neck and wrap an arm around her waist.

"No, I'm just tired, Thorin. Can you blame me, you have worn me out."

Thorin chuckles again, kisses her temple then sweeps her off her feet. "Then I shall carry you Amrâlimê so you can rest. But before this night is through I must give you something."

Alina protested to being carried, but after a while his swaying as he walked began to make her drowsy. As he got closer to the house, Thorin noticed someone sitting on the porch. As he got closer, he realized that it was Dwalin sharpening his axe. Dwalin looked up from what he was doing, cheeky grin crossing his lips.

"The skin changer said you and Alina can take his back bedroom. From the looks of it, she could surely use it. After all that 'mating' as he called it."

Thorin's eyes grew wide but he said nothing. "I will be back to speak with you in a moment."

Thorin deposited Alina on the large bed and removed her boots and covered her with the fur blanket.

She stirred slightly. "Mmm. Thorin, where are you?" Her voice was drowsy but still concerned.

"Shh, my love I am here." He said lovingly as he stroked her cheek, "Go back to sleep I shall return shortly... I must speak with Dwalin." He kissed her on the forehead and quietly left the room.

Dwalin was waiting for Thorin outside. Thorin stepped onto the porch. "Alright, tell me what happened." Thorin said to Dwalin, looking at him dead in the eyes.

Dwalin only laughed. "The Skin Changer told us that Alina had chosen you for her mate. He also told us that you were mating with her by the river bank. That he could hear you from here. You must have been pretty loud for him to hear you." Dwalin said stifling a laugh.

Thorin was surprised by what he was being told. But what surprised him more was the fact that he felt no shame in the fact that the Company knew.

"Aye, as a matter of fact I did 'mate' with her. She is mine now."

Dwalin crossed his arms and sighed. "I thought that you would. I actually had no doubt in mind that this would happen."

Thorin gave him a quizzical look. "What do you mean you thought I would?"

"Nothing, it's just that Alina had already told me that her feral side had chosen you for a mate. The question is what exactly does that mean to you Thorin? I know to her it means a great deal. From what I have gathered, her feral side is that of wolves. So you have just mated with her for life. Are you prepare for that?" Dwalin  asked.

Yes, Thorin could see the wolf in her feral side. He understood that wolves mated for life. That was fine by him. There was nothing he wanted more than to be with Alina forever. Aside from reclaiming Erebor, she was the most important thing to him. Maybe even a bit more than the mountain.

"Aye, Dwalin, I am prepared to be mated with her for life. As far as I am concerned, she is my wife already. I will not live without her."

Dwalin huffed "What of the counsel? They are not going to like that you are already to married to a human. And then when they find out what she really is! You may have more trouble than it is worth."

Thorin couldn't believe what he was hearing from his best friend! He thought that Dwalin liked Alina. Why would he say such thing about her now? And since when did he care what the counsel thought? He always thought they were a bunch of stuff shirts anyway.

"What you mean to say is I'll have more trouble than SHE is worth. Well you are wrong she is worth everything. I had already decided to abdicate my throne if they can not accept my decision. But they will accept, for I AM KING!"

Dwalin smiled and nodded his head in approval. That is what he wanted to hear. He wanted to know that Thorin would fight for her. Dwalin had come to care a great deal for the lass and the last thing he wanted was to see her hurt by his best friend.

"I just wanted you to see that you and Alina will have some opposition. Just know this: I will support you in anyway I possibly can for as long as I live." Thorin gave a slight bow, then hugged his friend.

"Thank you Dwalin, that means a great deal to me. And to Alina I am sure. Perhaps tomorrow I will ask Balin to officially marry us after I explain everything to him."

Dwalin laughed a hearty laugh. "I'm sure Balin will be willing after he gets over his shock and embarrassment. You will have to explain everything to him you know." Thorin blushed at this.

"It is worth it." With that he pats Dwalin on the shoulder then walked inside.