Chapter 57 The Shire and Ered Luin

It was time, time for Thorin and his Company to depart to The Shire and Ered Luin. But, Thorin was reluctant to leave his One, and as a last ditch effort to delay his departure he decided that everyone should have breakfast together. After all, time was on their side this time. Everyone was invited to breakfast, and by everyone Thorin meant everyone including Bard and his family as well. He was sure that Sigrid did not want to miss Fili's departure anyway.

The kitchen staff prepared a beautiful breakfast for everyone, overseen by Bombur. There was of course a great deal of meat served. Much to Thorin's disappointment, Alina did not join them for breakfast, the minute she walked into the dining room and the smell of the food hit her nose, she was out the door in a flash and in the washroom throwing up. She instead went to lay down until it was time for them to depart. Thorin tried to weasel his way out of having breakfast with everyone, but Alina wouldn't let him.

"Thorin, you invited them, it wouldn't be right that you leave them all alone just because I got sick." He knew it was true, but he had to try. Breakfast still turned out to be an enjoyable affair, with everyone laughing and joking.

Finally the time came for them to depart. Thorin went into his bed chambers to inform Alina that it was time for them to go. She lying in bed drinking a ginger ale and eating crackers. He came and sat next to her.

"It is time for me to go, dear one."

"Okay let me get up and walk you." He pushed her back down.

"Do you feel up to it?"

"Yes, Thorin, I feel well enough to go see you off." she says as she lightly touches his cheek. He catches her hand and kisses it.

"Come, then let us be off."

Everyone was gathered at the entrance of the Royal Halls. Fili was saying goodbye to Bard and the children, when he got to Sigrid she was already crying. He gathers her in his arms, hugging her tightly and placing his forehead to hers.

"I shall miss you so much very much." Sigrid tells him

"No more than I will miss you." Fili says. Bard rolls his eyes.

When Thorin and Alina finally showed up everyone had said their goodbyes and were ready to go. They were just waiting on Thorin. Thorin hugged his ghivashel to him tightly.

"I shall miss you so much, a day will not pass that I do not think of you and wish to be with you." Thorin says as he places his forehead to Alina's. She throws her arms around his neck hugging him tightly.

"Don't go." She whisper as she kisses his lips.

"I must go, Men gehyith (My little Dove), but I shall return to you as soon as I can." He pried her off of him and handed her to Logan.

"Take care of her, Logan, and make sure she eats. I am trusting you with the three most important treasures in my life." Logan put his arm around her shoulders as fat tears ran silently down her face.

"Don't worry, Thorin, she's in good hands."

Thorin gave her one last fierce kiss, then walked away. "Jarvis the Portal." Jarvis turned on the portal and a white blinding light appeared. The company walked through, Thorin turned around and yells.

"Men zirup men!" (You complete me!)" Then vanished through the portal.

Thorin, Bilbo, and the Company appear in the forest just outside of Hobbiton.

"I will have to ask Tony or Jarvis to adjust this so that we appear right outside your door next time." Thorin says as he looks at his wrist.

"No, no this is just fine, we're really not that far from Hobbiton. It will not take me that long to walk home." Bilbo assures the Dwarves.