Chapter 46 And Babies Makes Four

Tony rushes the bed, "Get off her you great ape before you crush her. My little Honey Bunny is going to have twins! I'm going to be an uncle twice!"

Tony was so excited, he hugged and congratulated his baby sister. Thorin was in such shock that he was frozen where he was stood. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Mahal had blessed him twice! He was still frozen in place when Bruce rushed in.

"What happened? JARVIS called me and told me to come quick!"

Everyone turned to Bruce, Alina said in an excited tone, "We're having twins!" bouncing up and down on the bed.

Bruce gave her a doubtful look, "Munchkin, how do you know that? I'd need to do a sonogram to determine that, and unless JARVIS is equipped with one," He gave Tony a look to shut up, "We have to go back home to tell."

Logan looked at Bruce, "We know because I can hear their heartbeats, Doc. It was really faint at first but when I put my ear to her tummy I heard them as clear as a bell."

Bruce was taken aback, he knew that Wolverine had superhuman hearing but could he honestly hear the heart beats? Why not he smelled her pregnancy. "Well, Munchkin, I'm going to assume that Logan is right. But we need to get a sonogram as soon as possible, alright?" Alina was so happy that she would agree to whatever Bruce said except eating liver.

Thorin, on the other hand, had yet to move from his spot. It wasn't that he wasn't happy, he was still having trouble processing it. Twins were not common in Dwarven society, so it was just something new to him. Everyone was talking and carrying on when Alina noticed that her husband had not moved a single inch.

"Uh, guys, would you mind leaving us alone?" She pointed with her head at frozen Thorin and they all understood.

They all filed past Thorin and it was like he didn't even see them. This was getting worrisome.

Alina bit her bottom lip in concern, "Thorin, Thorin, are you alright?"

At the sound of her voice, he snapped out of his daze, "What was that, my dearest?"

Thorin looked at his wife and finally noticed she had an anxious and sad look on her face.

"Thorin, are you upset that we're going to have twins? Logan could be wrong you know, he sometimes is. Besides, when we get a sonogram we'll know for sure."

Understanding entered Thorin's mind. He approached her bedside and sat down, "Dearest heart, I am not upset that we are having twins. I could not be happier! I was just stunned that we could have twins. Dwarrows very rarely have twins."

Alina laughed, "But, Thorin, I'm not a dwarf remember, I'm human and though it's not that common for us either it does happen. I thought you were upset because it was one too many."

Thorin took her hand and kissed it, "I want to have as many babies with you as you are willing to give me, my love, s twins is a good start!" Thorin says with a laugh and kisses her.

She hugs him fiercely, "I am so happy that you're happy!"

Thorin takes off his coat and boot and gets back in bed. He gathers Alina into his arms and kisses her temple, "I am more than happy, my love, I am ecstatic just imagine TWO BABIES! I can not wait! But of course, you must take great care of yourself and do everything that Bruce tells you to do."

Alina wrinkles her button nose, "Yes, dear."

Thorin lets out a great laugh, "Now there is something important that I must do."

He gets up takes the bead out of his coat and presents it to Alina, "Alina, my love, though we are mated under your feral nature and though you are my wife in my eyes. And now you are the mother of my children. Would you allow me to place this courting bead in your hair as a symbol to all that we are courting with the intent to marry and that you are mine and only mine?"

Alina was all teary-eyed but of course, she accepted. He proceeded to braid her shoulder-length hair then add the bead securely at the end.

Afterward, he got back into bed. He was going to be a little unorthodox today and conduct any business from bed. Anything to be near his wife and twins.

"JARVIS, will you call Tony and Logan please."

The AI answered, **Yes, sir.**

There was silence for a minute then JARVIS came back, **They are on their way, King Thorin.**

Thorin nodded, "Good, thank you, JARVIS." 

**You're welcome, sir.**

While he waited, Thorin would kiss and tickle his wife, loving to hear her laugh. He would whisper sweet nothings in her ear and sometimes not so innocent things as well. To the point Alina would turn red, making Thorin laugh.

Tony and Logan were just going to barge in when JARVIS told him. **I wouldn't do that if I were you, sir.**

Tony looked at the Iron Man suit oddly, "Why, we were summoned?"

JARVIS was adamant, **I would knock if I were you, sir.**

Then  it dawned on Tony, "Oh no, don't tell me they're at it again, jeez!"

JARVIS clarifies, **No sir, the King, and Queen are, for lack of a better word,  playing. Nothing sexual.**

Tony and Logan looked at each other, they have got to see this. They got closer to the door and all they hear is laughing and giggling and some whispering, that makes Logan laugh. But it all stops when Tony knocks on the door before the door open Tony asks Logan.

"What was the whispering?"

Logan grins, "Thorin was telling her a dirty joke."

Tony's face fell, "That's just gross."

Thorin beckons them to come in. He is still lying in bed with his beloved lying on top of him. "Come in my friends, I must ask, did Balin introduce himself to Jarvis?"

Tony looked bored, "Yep, Thorin, I got that all squared away even got Fili and Kili. We gave them communicators so JARVIS can get in contact with them easier."

Thorin nodded in approval, "Good, could you have them bring up lunch. My wife and mother to my twins has missed breakfast and must be famished."

He looks down at his wife and Alina was nodding her head, "Please, have Bilbo join us as well. We have much to discuss."