Chapter 45 Bilbo's Confession and Exciting News

They got back To the Royal chambers to find Alina wide awake, talking with Bruce about the test results, "Hey guys where have you been?"

Tony came and kissed his baby sister, "We were getting a gift for my love of all loves."

Alina quirked an eyebrow, "You forgot to tell Pepper you were coming here, didn't you? And now she's pissed."

Tony pressed his lips together and nodded, "You know me so well, baby sister. How are you feeling?"

Alina brighten when he asked that, "Oh I feel much better, Bruce was just telling me that I have anemia, that I need a vitamin shot and prenatal vitamins."

Suddenly Alina grimaced, "I don't have to eat liver do I, Bruce?" She asked him with a pleading voice.

Bruce laughs, "No, Munchkin, leafy green food should do, but if it doesn't improve we'll have to add it to your diet. I think it's safe for us to let you get some sleep. If you need me to call me on the communicator. Come on guys lets let Munchkin get some sleep."

They all started filing out, Tony turned to the Iron Man suit. "JARVIS, I want you to stand guard outside the door, a great idea just occurred to me that tomorrow I have to talk to Thorin about."

Bilbo was the only one that did not leave. He had been overlooked the whole time but that was fine with him. This way he could watch over her in peace and quiet.

"Bilbo, I can smell you. You don't have to sit so far away," Alina says to the Hobbit.

He had completely forgotten about her nose. Alina opened her chocolate brown eyes, those eyes that he too loves, and looks at him, "Thank you, Bilbo, for staying and watching over me. You really don't have to you know." Alina sighs out closing her eyes.

"It's no trouble at all, Alina. Besides, I highly doubt Thorin would want you to be alone, no matter what Bruce says. Now just go to sleep."

Alina opens an eye, "Bilbo, do you know where Thorin is?"

Bilbo moves his chair closer, "He's down in the forges. He said he was going to make you a new bead."

Alina smiles, "That sweet, thoughtful, loving Dwarf!"

Bilbo just cleared his throat, "Yes well, my friend, you must sleep now."

She snuggled further into the bed, "You're right Bilbo, good night." 

"Goodnight, my friend," When Bilbo was sure she was asleep he whispered very quietly, "I love you."

Alina sighed in her sleep, "I love you too, Thorin." Bilbo sighed.

Thorin did not go up with the others to his chambers, instead, he was going to go to the forges to make his One a new bead to replace the one she lost in the fire. He clutched at his heart at the thought of his two loves nearly burning to death. It still made him ill. Thorin ran into Balin and explained everything that happened. He asked that Balin make his apologies to their guests for him. Balin agreed. After his encounter with Balin, Thorin made his way to the forges. He works on the bead for hours. This bead looks exactly the same as the first. The only difference is instead of using silver, Thorin used Mithril to make the bead. The gems were Sapphire for the Royal colors and of course the letter 'D' for the house of Durin.

The other major difference is that while the first bead he made was in anticipation of finding his One. Thorin now had his One. With this great difference in mind, Thorin pours his heart and soul into making this bead for the woman that was sleeping upstairs. Never had Thorin felt so happy, so complete and he owed it all to a little Mutant that tossed him across a garden with the flick of a wrist. Thorin was leaving the forges when that memory came to mind. He chuckled at the memory.