Chapter 60 Finally Home.

This chapter has not been beta'd so all mistakes are mine!

Thorin was beginning to get antsy. He kept walking up and down the rows of Dwarrows checking and rechecking everything, making sure nothing or no one was left behind. He wanted this to go off without a hitch. Dis watched her brother as he paced the rows like a Dwarf possessed. What was wrong with him?

Dis went to stand next to Dwalin.  "Dwalin, tell me, what has Thorin so agitated." Her voice laced with concern.

"He is just anxious to get home, that is all." Dwalin answers.

Dis narrows her eyes, she was beginning to suspect something more. What could there possibly be in Erebor that would have Thorin rushing back? Whatever it was, she was going to get to the bottom of it.

"Dwalin I know you know there is something going on, tell me."

"Sorry Dis, it is not my place to tell you. If you want to know, you need to speak with Thorin."

Dis huffed, crossed her arms and walked away. At that moment Thorin had just come back from his manic pacing of the rows when Dwalin put a hand on Thorin's shoulder.

"You must stop this incessant pacing, Dis is becoming suspicious."

"Suspicious, suspicious of what?!" Thorin asks.

"Of what has you in such a state. Now, unless you plan on telling her right now that you have found your One, I suggest you calm down, it's only a few more hours." Thorin took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

Meanwhile in Erebor:

Balin, with the help of the remaining Company, was assigning temporary housing to each Dwarf family. Later they could choose more suitable homes if they wished, once more of the clean up was done. The people didn't mind where they were put as long as they were home. Though they were curious how they were able to get  home so quickly.

"All will be explained in due time." Balin assured them. The two hours were up, Kili's  group came through and the process was started all over again.

Now that he was no longer needed, Fili went in search of Sigrid. He spots her on the balcony with Bruce and the others. Fili's face lights up, his heart fills with so much joy at the sight of her. He begins running up the stairs taking them two at a time until he reach them. Fili rushes forward and sweeps Sigrid into his arms holding her close and swings her around, causing her to laugh.

"Oh, how I missed you!" Fili declared.

"And I missed you, my love, more than you'll know. But you are home in time." Sigrid tells him with a smile.

"In time for what?"

"In time for the sonogram, Fili." Bruce tells him. Fili's eyes open wide in disbelief.

"Truly?" Fili asks

"Yes, Fili, we can go do it right now if you like." Bruce informs them.

An excited look comes over both of them and they agree. Bruce leads them to the birthing room closing the door behind them.

Natasha, Logan and Alina watch the happy couple follow Bruce into the birthing room, they all smile.

"Soon it will be you and Dwalin, Nat." Alina tells her dear  friend. Natasha reaches down and strokes her flat belly. Then something occurred to her.

"I wonder how long my pregnancy will be?"

"You know that's a good question, we'll have to ask Bruce when he's finished with Fili and Sigrid. In the meantime let's go get something to eat and watch a movie, it's going to be a while until Dwalin and Thorin come through." Alina tells the others, they both agree.