Chapter 74 The Road To Recovery and Discovery

After lunch, Tony decides it was time for him to go back home, he had a lot of work to do if they were going to buy all of winter supplies for Erebor and all the seed for the coming planting season. Alina walked her brother to the teleporter.

"See you later, Tony, keep me up to speed about how things are going with the food supplies." Alina tells her brother.

"Will do, Munchkin, you take care of yourself and look after Thorin, I gonna have Jarvis assign one of the suits as Thorin's bodyguards from now on, I knew these Dwarves couldn't be trusted. Though, honestly I thought they would have tried something against you not him."

"Yeah I know, I guess whoever wants Thorin dead thinks that by having Fili on the throne, he'll be easier to manipulate." Alina says.

Tony raises an eyebrow, "So you agree with Logan, it is a member of the council?"

"I don't see anyone else benefiting from Thorin's death other than them and Fili, and Fili would never do that. He's not looking forward to take over the throne."

"True, so what are you going to do?" Tony asks.

Alina sighs, "Make sure that Thorin heals completely, then afterwards, let Logan loose so he can find the assassin and get as much information out of that person as possible. Then we'll see what Thorin decides from there."

"I see an execution in the near future." Tony says.

"So do I, whomever planned this has committed treason and  deserves it."

Tony nods, "Just keep me informed, okay? I gotta get going, lots of stuff to do, take care Honey Bunny." Tony says as he gives his sister one last hug and kiss on the cheek. He steps through the portal and disappears.

Alina goes back into her bedroom to check on Thorin. There, she sees Dis and Thorin laughing and reminiscing about their childhood in Erebor, Thorin wipes his eyes and sighs.

"Just think, Sister, my children will get to grow up and play in these halls with no fear of anyone taking it away from them."

"Yes, Brother, your children will have a wonderful childhood here in the mountain and they will have a wonderful father." Dis says as she cups Thorin's cheek.

"Do you honestly think I will be a good father, Sister?"

"By Mahal, yes, Thorin. You are an excellent uncle, of course you will be an excellent father." Dis reassures Thorin.

Alina was about to agree with Dis, when suddenly a wave of nausea washed over her. Her stomach began to churn and her mouth began to water, she slapped a hand over her mouth and rushes passed them into the washroom. Thorin and Dis just watch her run by, they look at each other curiously. Then they hear the wretching in the toilet, Thorin tries to get up, but Dis pushes him back down.

"I will go check on her, you stay put."

Dis gets up, she walks into the washroom and sees Alina with her head in the toilet emptying her stomach. Dis moves Alina's hair out of the way, and begins to rub ber back.

"Let it all out, Alina, you will feel better once you have." Dis tells her as she rubs circles on her back.

Once Alina has finished wretching, she slumps onto the washroom floor, resting her head against the wall. Her face cold and clammy, tears in her eyes. Dis gets up and offers her a glass of water so she can rinse out her mouth.

"Ugh, I hate this morning sickness." Alina says.

Dis sits on the floor with her, "I know you do, I remember that vividly from my pregnancies." Dis says as she wraps an arm around Alina.