Chapter 44 New Worries

JARVIS Talking in bold

Bilbo escorted Alina to her chambers telling her jokes and telling her what happened in the forest of Mirkwood. How they were a hallucinating and Thorin kept leading them in circles. She was  laughing so hard she had to let go off Bilbo's arm so she could hold her sides. Then they would continue their walk.

When Thorin finally caught up with Bilbo and Alina, she was leaning up against a pillar catching her breath. "Azyungâl, what happen, are you alright? She looked up at Thorin and smiled a  weak smile. "I'm fine Thorin, just a little tired." Without hesitation he bent down and picked her up bridal style. "Thorin, what are you doing I don't need you to carry me! I can walk just fine." Thorin kissed her head and shook his head. "No, my love, you are weakening. You will never make it up to our chambers. Tony or Logan are bringing your food." She gave him a radiant, all be it a tired, smile.

His heart ached at how weak she was right now. In all the time he had known her, Thorin had never seen her in such a state. Not even after nearly burning to death. Mahal forgive him but he was beginning to have second thoughts about this pregnacy. She had fallen asleep in his arms as he ascended the stairs. "Bilbo, I need you to go find Dr. Banner. I am very worried about Alina she seems too weak." Bilbo looked up at Thorin. "Yes, you're right, this does not seem normal." Thorin nodded his head in agreement. Bilbo heads back to the dining hall while Thorin continued his ascent toward the Royal Chambers.

Once he got there he kicked the door open and headed for the bed. Thorin laid Alina down as carefully as he could. He looked at her with a furrowed brow. She seemed to have paled a bit more, in his opinion. Very carefully Thorin scooted onto the bed beside his Queen. Running his fingers through her hair, she stirs from her sleep and smiles at him. "Go back to the feast my love, I'm fine. I just need to have my soup and sleep, don't worry." Thorin snorts "How can I not worry about the woman I love and the child we created. I had Bilbo go get Bruce so he can examine you again, you seem to be weaker than before. I am very worried about you, Amrâlimê." Just then Logan and Tony come through the door. "Dinner is served!"

Tony sets the tray down on the table. He had never been in the Royal Chambers before and was very impressed. "Hey, this is a very nice room, almost as nice as mine." Tony says with a laugh, then his face fell when he noticed his baby sister. "Honey Bunny!" He rushed to the bed. "What's wrong with her Thorin she looks worse than when she was in the kitchen!" They looked at her then each other. "I do not know Tony, but I am very worried. I sent Bilbo to bring Bruce here straight away."  "I'll go look for him too." Logan said. He hated not being able to do anything for his friend so the least he could do is help look for Bruce.

In no time Bruce walked into the Royal chambers. Logan met Bilbo and Bruce on their way up to the suite. "Okay, let's take a look…" He did all the limited tests he could and came to the conclusion that. "She just exerted herself too much going to the kitchen. I wouldn't be surprised that she tried to teleport first." All eyes turned towards Alina. She gave them a sheepish grin. "Okay, yes I tried to teleport first." Thorin let out a frustrated huff. "My love, you can not do that, you are too weak. Please stop using your powers, at least until you feel better." She caresses his cheek. "In my defense I didn't  know I couldn't teleport. But yes, Thorin, I will stop using my powers until I feel better." He kisses her gently.

"What I really wish is to get a blood test to see if she's anemic. But that will have to wait until we go home." Bruce said mostly to himself. Tony chimes in. "Do you have what you need to draw the blood? Because Jarvis can run the test through the suit." Bruce perks up at this. "Are you serious, Tony? If Jarvis can, then let's do it right now. Is that alright with you, Alina?" Alina sits up more in bed with Thorin's help. "Yes, let's do it! Anything to keep my baby healthy." Thorin closes his eyes at the mention of the baby. Bruce notices this. "Hey Thorin could you show me where the washroom is again, this place is so huge." Thorin gave him a strange look. But Bruce motioned with his head, Thorin kissed his wife and left.