Chapter 81 Executing the Plan.

Thorin and Alina begin to walk towards their home when Dwalin and Natasha catch up with them.

"Thorin, I will be at your side when you come into the council room." Dwalin tells his best friend.

"No, my friend, I need you to be in the council room with the others. I need you to keep track of who reacts badly to my presence." Thorin explains to Dwalin.

Dwalin nods, "I'll do that if you want."

"Thank you, Dwalin, now if you wouldnt mind, please go change into normal clothes."

With that Dwalin and Natasha leave to go home. Thorin and Alina enter their home, they see Doriel hard at work folding and putting away their clothes.

"Good afternoon, Doriel" Thorin says to the girl.

"Oh, my King, you frightened me. How was your trip to the Queen's world, your majesty?"

"It was very nice, we all had  a great deal of fun, but I am glad to be home. Now, Doriel, I need you to fetch Fili for me as quick as you can, it is urgent."

"Yes my king," With that Doriel leaves in search of Fili.

While Doriel leaves to find Fili, Thorin and Alina go to their bedroom, so they could change. Alina helps Thorin pick out his most regal outfit. One that screams out how majestic he truly is. Alina in turn changes into one of her business suits.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Alina asks.

"No, my precious, I want you in the seat next to mine."

Soon enough Doriel brings Fili to Thorin's study, she offers him some tea which he accepts.

A short time later, Thorin and Alina walk into the study. Alina gives Fili a hug, as does Thorin.

"Did you have a nice Holiday in Alina's world, Uncle?" Fili asks.

"Aye we had a wonderful time, but we will talk about that later. Has Balin told you what has happened since we were away?"

"Aye, uncle, I know that Logan caught your would be assassin." Fili informs Thorin.

"From my understanding, Logan also got the assassin to tell him who else is involved. It looks to be members of the council." Thorin explains.

"What are we going to do, Uncle?"

"Alina has come up with a plan. What I want is for you to go into the council room, sit in my chair and begin the meeting. Then I will come in about ten minutes later. I want you to pay close attention to who reacts badly to my return or just look nervous. Those are the conspirators. Even if you do not notice anything different, Logan will bring the assassin in to accuse them."

"That is a wonderful idea, Uncle, when should we start?"

"Today, Nephew, send the council notes that there is  an emergency meeting and sign it, 'Crowned Prince of Erebor.' That should get there attention."

Fili leaves and does exactly what Thorin tells him to do. All of the members get their notes and are on their way to the council room.

Fili feels a little uncomfortable sitting in Thorin's chair, but Alina reassures him that everything will be alright and that Thorin will take his seat back as soon as he walks through those doors.

Fili starts feeling better, when the Company come in. They all smile  at him giving him encouragement.

Dwalin had secretly told the Company about what was going to happen, so that they would be prepared.