Chapter 27 Learning The Truth, Dealing With The Consequences

*SEXUAL CONTENT*

Thorin was just returning to the tent when he overheard what Logan had said. *What do they know that they are not telling me? They all seem to know.*  Thorin was going to find out one way or another.

Logan's head snapped up. "Your husband's here, kid and I think he heard us." Panic started to rise in Alina. If Thorin thought they were hiding something from him, he would demand to know and either Bilbo or her would be the first to break.

Thorin walks calmly into the tent. On this quest, he has long since learned to control his temper. Thanks to his One, who hardly let anything ever upset her. He walked into the middle of the tent. He pinned everyone with a glare. Making them all squirm under his gaze including the Avengers and X-men. He dare not look that way at the Professor out of respect for his One.

He took a deep breath. "I want to know what you all are hiding from me and my nephews. And I want to know NOW!" Thorin said very calmly, which sounded even more deadly. He looked at everyone again. Then his eyes landed on Bilbo.

Logan stepped in front of the Hobbit, much to the Bilbo's relief. "You wanna know what's going on, I'll tell ya."

There was a collective gasp. Logan holds up his hand. "No, he's a big boy, he can handle it. You know that we are all come from a different world, including your wife." Logan gestures to everyone.

Thorin nods.

"Well in our world you and all of this…" Logan gesturing to all the things around him, "Is fictional. It's all from a book. And in this book called 'The Hobbit', you and your nephew's die."

Thorin's face is impassive.

Logan continues. "You see The Stark siblings one day decided to mess around with Alina's ability to teleport and see if Middle Earth exists. If it didn't oh well, no big deal. But if it did exist and Alina made it. Then the, not so well thought out, the plan was for her to go along with you and keep you safe until now. Where the rest of would join in. Who knew she'd fall in love with you."

Thorin glanced at his wife. She had one hand over her mouth and one on her belly. Tears welling in her eyes. Natasha came and put her arm around Alina's shoulder. He looked back at Logan his face turned to stone. That is what Alina had been afraid of. After learning the truth, Thorin would no longer want her.

"And how am I suppose to die?" Thorin asked

Logan took out a cigar and lit it he takes a long puff. Logan wasn't familiar with the book so he just went off what he remembered from the movie. "You let Azog stab you so you can give the finishing blow to him yourself. Fili is stabbed in the back by Azog and pushed off a cliff, and Kili is killed by Bolg."

Now, Bolg's death made more sense. Logan takes another puff. Thorin says nothing for a few minutes. It is as silent as a tomb inside the tent.

Suddenly he clears his throat. "Thank You for the information, Logan."

Thorin does an about-face and starts leaving the tent. "Come with me, Alina. We must talk." Alina follows him without saying a word.

The minute they walk out of the tent everyone explodes at Logan. "Have you lost your fucking mind man?! You can't tell some guy that he's a fictional character on the eve of battle!" Hawkeye yells.

"Yeah, Logan, that wasn't cool what you did," Bobby adds.

"Nevermind, what you just did to their relationship! He's probably going to leave her now, great job asshole!" Natasha yelled.

The only people that were calm were Bruce, The Professor, Lord Elrond, and Gandalf.

"I'm more worried about what this stress might do to Alina and the baby," Bruce said quietly.