Chapter 63 the Council Meeting

SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS FROM THE BEGINNING, BUT I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE HOBBIT, AVENGERS, OR X-MEN. THEY EACH BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CREATORS. I'M ONLY BORROWING THEM.

"Excellent I am glad you all have accepted. Now let us join the others in the council room, I'm sure they have many questions."

The Company stood up and head for the door. Thorin helps Alina up, takes her in his arms giving her a hug and a kiss.

"Goodbye, my love, I shall see you this afternoon for lunch, have a good day and stay out of trouble." Thorin says as he nuzzles her nose with his.

"Logan I leave my Queen in your care." Thorin tells Logan.

"No problem, Bub, she's in good hands."

At the same time Dwalin was embracing Natasha as well.

"Have a good day Lass, and be careful, do not do anything too strenuous. Remember you are in a delicate condition now."

Natasha rolls her eyes and kisses Dwalin on the nose. "Don't worry you big teddy bear, I'll be careful. As a matter of fact I'm going to go talk to Bruce and see if he can determine when I'll have the baby."

"Good idea, love, and as soon as you find out when the babe will arrive, you send for me." Dwalin says to Natasha.

With that Thorin and Dwalin follow the rest of the Company out of the hall to the council room. Once there, Bofur throws the doors open and everyone files in. The others on the council, stare at the Company as they take their seats in the vacant spots around the table. Grogrim looks slightly annoyed seeing the Company come in with Thorin, but at least it wasn't the humans.

"My king I must ask, what is the meaning of this?"

"My Company has agreed to become part of my council, Grogrim, do you have a problem with that?" Thorin asks.

"No, my king, but what positions will they hold on the council?" Nalkon asks.

"I have already chosen the position each member of my Company will have. Balin is, of course, my chief advisor, Dwalin, as you know is captain of the guard but will also be in of the training of the army. Gloin will be head of finance, and Bofur will head of the mining operations. Ori is our new scribe and Nori will be our master spy. Bombur will be in charge of the kitchens and our food supply, and Bifur will be in charge of merchants. With the help of Dori and of course Oin will be head of all of our medical needs and recruiting new healers."

With that, the Company sat down in their assigned chairs. Dwalin, of course, sitting next to Thorin on his left while Balin was on his right. The others on the council had no other choice but to agree to what Thorin had decided, this put a kink in the conspiritors plans. It would be harder to manipulate him with so many of his friends in the same room with him. Perhaps it was time to devise a new plan.

Not all the members of the council were upset though, Chalbar and Nalbar were very welcoming to the new members of the council as were Boldin, Storond and Garond. Boldin stood up to address the Company.

"On behalf of myself and the other members of the council, I welcome the Company of our king to his council."

The rest of the Company nod their heads in acknowledgement. Thorin goes to his chair and sits down.

As soon as everyone is settled the questions begin.

"My King, what of the humans that are now residing within the mountain, who exactly are they?" Nalkon asks

"My One, is the young lady I spoke to you about that we met in Rivendell." Thorin informed the council.

They had not realized that the same young woman that was by his side at breakfast was in fact the the same one that the Company had met in Rivendell. The person that had known the Durin's fate and had come to change it.