Chapter 39 The Battle Begins

Marching out onto the battlefield, the armies of Men, Elves, Dwarves, and Mutants. All united over a common enemy, now waiting in anticipation. Thorin stood at the forefront of his army, in his Titanium armor brandishing the royal colors. His raven black hair is picked up by the wind every now and then. To his left stood his cousin, Lord Dain. Closer still to Thorin stood Dwalin. The remainder of the Company standing directly behind their King.

On Thorin's right stood Logan, wearing his brown boots, blue jeans white widow maker, and brown leather jacket. Smoking a cigar with his arms crossed. The whole time sniffing the air and scanning the horizon. Thorin kept glancing behind him anxiously until he felt a hand upon his shoulder.

"Thorin, you need to focus. Keep your mind here, and focus on what's going to be happening around you. You need to get it in your head that Alina and the baby are safe, don't worry about them. They're going to be fine, I promise." Logan tells Thorin in a stern voice.

Thorin turns to Logan and nods. "I know, Logan, you're right. I cannot help it."

Logan pats him on the back. "Well, you're going to have to help it, Bub. Don't make my job of protecting ya any harder than it's going to be. I promised Alina I'd keep you safe and that's what I'm going to do."

Thorin takes a  deep breath and steels his nerves. He must believe that his wife and child will be fine, it finally occurred to him that worrying doesn't help anyone. He faces forward and instantly become the King Under the Mountain. He turns into the warrior he has always been. Logan nods his approval and pats him on the back. Thorin gives him a smirk.

Suddenly, Logan's head snaps up toward the Eastern slope of the mountain where Steve is at. "Head's up, Cap, the earth is being disturbed where you're at and a foul stench is seeping out. They should be breaking out anytime now."

Steve looked off in that direction, he couldn't see a difference but he would rely on Logan's nose and ears. "Roger that, Logan. Everyone else, get that?"

He heard from all over, "Roger that."

Steve looked up at Clint "Do you see anything, Hawkeye?"

Hawkeye looked around. "Nothing yet…wait I see some sort of disturbance on the mountain."

The armies became tense, Bobby was more excited than scared. "Well, It's time to change." 

Quick as a flash he changed into Ice Man. Leaving the Elves in shock. Bobby began to make his Ice Slide and got a little bit ahead of the army of Elves until Lord Elrond called him back.

"It would be wise to keep you hidden until the actual battle so you can take them by surprise." Bobby nodded in agreement.

On Thorin's command, the Armies began to move out. It was a grand sight to see the three armies following the King Under the Mountain into battle. With the of the King's friend Captain America. His wife's Mutant friends and the Avengers. What Thorin didn't know was that there was yet another army standing by from yet another world just waiting for the command.

As they marched up the field, Thor comes closer to Steve to inform him. "Steve, if this battle seems lost, I have permission from the All-Father to bring down the forces of Asgard. This evil can not prevail, and The All-Father likes Alina so he will not let her suffer."

Steve is taken aback. "Are you serious?"

Thor chuckled, "Yes, he once considered her a bride for me, but my heart belongs to Jane Foster and her's was still searching."

Meanwhile, the Men of Dale were very nervous and scared about what they were about to face. Scott took it upon himself to give them courage. "I know you're scared, I'm scared too. But you must steel your nerves and remember what, or rather, who your fighting for. Your wives, your mothers, your sons, and daughters. You have to imagine what the Orcs will do to them if they get a hold of them. Can you live with yourselves if that happens?"