Chapter 88 Politics And Fridges

While Thorin was waiting for Bard's answer, he decided to call his council together to inform the remaining council members of what was going on. The remaining members of his council were very enthusiastic over the whole plan. It was at that moment that Roarc's son flew into the council room and landed on Thorin's shoulder. Bowing his head the raven held out his foot to Thorin so he could take Bard's letter. Thorin takes the letter and begins to read it, a smile creeps over his face.

"Gentlemen, the people of Dale have agreed to help us with our venture. I shall inform my queen and her brother so they can make preparations for the spring. Until then, there is a great deal of work that needs to be done before that can happen. The pens, stables, barns and coops need to be made to house the livestock, and farming implements need to be made."

"We will get started on it right away, my King." Storond tells Thorin.

Thorin leaves the council room in order to inform Alina of Bard's decision. They end up meeting each other in the hallway as she is on her way to the council room.

"My Love, I have received word from Bard that his people have accepted and are willing to help us." Thorin informs his mate.

"That's great, Tony and I have already begun making room for the refrigerator and freezer. Tony went home to get the Arc Reactor, the cables and the wiring needed to plug in the appliances. I would assume that he is also going to bring the freezer and the refrigerator at the same time. Once that is set up, we'll go ahead and stock it for the winter."

Thorin nods, "Very well, and now that Bard and his people have agreed, the orders have gone out to begin building the farming implements. When shall we head to Hobbiton to discuss our plans with the Hobbits?"

"Whenever you want, I would actually like to wait for Tony, I think he might like to go with us to the Shire." Alina tells her husband.

"Very well, I shall make the necessary arrangements with Balin. I shall have him oversee everything while we are away."

A few hours later, Tony shows up in his Iron Man suit pushing the freezer through the Portal while another Iron Man suit pushes the refrigerator through. He had JARVIS open the portal directly in the kitchen to make it easier to transport the appliances. Stepping out of his suit, Tony got to work setting up the Arc Reactor then he began to run the wiring and the insulation for the freezer and refrigerator.

Bombur, being the helpful soul that he is, comes up to Tony to ask if there was anything he could do to help.

"Nope, just keep the others out of my way for a while. When I'm finished I'll show you how it works." Tony informs Bombur.

"Thank you, Master Tony, and since I can not help you in this endeavor, I shall have a meal prepared for you.

Tony chuckles, "Just Tony, that master stuff sounds weird. And that would be great Bombur, thank you."

An hour later, Tony has everything hooked up and the Industrial freezer and walk in refrigerator are up and running.

"JARVIS, call my sister and the king so they can come see this."

**Right away sir.**

Thorin and Alina were in Balin's office talking to him about the running of the mountain while Thorin was away.

"We shall only be gone for a few days, I wish to show Alina the Shire after we speak with Bilbo. Winter has not yet descended on the Shire." Thorin informs Balin.

"That should be fine, Thorin, may I suggest that you also leave Fili here, so he can get the feel of ruling while you are away." Balin suggests.

"That is a wonderful idea, Balin, Fili needs some experience with the day to day running of the mountain." Thorin turns to Alina, "I assume that Logan will be joining us as well?"