Chapter 19 Along The Lakeside And In The Mountain

Fili and Sigrid held hands as they walked along the water's edge looking for her father, brother, and Alina. They came across the land bridge. "Look, my love, this is something Alina would have made to aid in the escape."

Sigrid looked off into the distance and saw two figures carrying a third. "Fili someone is coming."

Fili instantly pushed Sigrid behind him. As the haze cleared it was revealed that it was Bain and Bard, but they were carrying a badly burned Alina. Bard gave them a brief look but kept walking.

"What happened?" Sigrid asked as she ran after her father.

"She accidentally teleported into a burning building when Smaug tried to eat her," Bard said, shifting her weight ever so slightly.

Fili looked at Sigrid, gave her hand a squeeze and ran ahead. "Oin, we need your help, Alina has been badly burned."

Bard whispered to Oin, "I don't think she'll survive," As he laid her down on the blanket Tauriel had laid out.

"I heard that I told you I'll be fine," Alina said, every now and then shuttering in pain. "Bard, don't worry about me, you go help your people." With reluctance, Bard left.

Oin was going to give her something for the pain, but Alina refused. "Thank you, Oin but, there's no point my healing factor will just burn it off before it starts working."

Bofur looked worried. "Then why isn't it working?" 

Alina smirked. "Who says it isn't working, Bofur? It's just a lot to heal, look."

She sat up with the help of Sigrid and Tauriel and wiped the ash off her legs. Underneath was new pink skin, then she wiped her face with the same results. Everyone was amazed.

"Can I do that too?" Sigrid asked.

"Alina smiled at her, "At the moment no, but you never know. You may develop it later. Now be a dear and get me a tunic and breeches so I can change please? We need to go."

Kili got closer, "Are you in pain?" 

She frowned, "Oh agony but that can't be helped."

Once Alina was dressed they took a boat and waited for the boys to say goodbye to their One's. Tauriel and Alina gave each other knowing looks and the boat was off. They arrived on the other side of the shore faster than expected with the water bending.

"Now, guys let me tell you this now and don't ask me how I know. Just accept it's the truth. Thorin has already lost it. The Dragon Sickness has taken him, so whatever he tells you is already tainted. I just want you to be prepared."

The Dwarves look at each other. They have never doubted the lass before, why should they now. Fili stands up "Alright, Alina, we believe you."

They arrive in Erebor suddenly hearing Bilbo yell that they must leave this cursed place. Thorin has lost his mind. He doesn't sleep he barely eats he just spend all his time in the treasure room.

"We know he's lost his mind, Bilbo, Alina already told us."

Bilbo looks at Alina questioning then the realization hits him. "Alina, by the gods what happened?"

She smiled at him though she is still covered in burn marks. "I panicked and teleported into a burning building, trying to avoid Smaug from eating me. But I'm getting better, I need to rest though."

They took her to where the rest of the Dwarves were. Fili, Kili Bofur, and Oin greeted their kin and were informed of what happened in Erebor. "What happened in Laketown?" Balin asked.