Chapter 85 The Letter Is Sent

The next morning, after a good night's sleep and a wonderful breakfast, Thorin went to his study to write the letter to Bard requesting an audience with him. Thorin decided that this time instead of having the meeting in Erebor, he, Alina, Dis, Tony, Balin, the boys and of course Dwalin, Logan and Natasha would head to Dale. Thorin wanted to check on the progress of the restoration of Dale. When he finishes writing the letter he seals it with his royal insignia and calls for a raven to take the letter to Bard. Now it was only a matter of waiting.

In the meantime, Thorin, Alina and Tony meet Bombur in the kitchen. They need to find a place to put the industrial freezer and the walk in refrigerator. Consulting with Bombur, it is decided that on the opposite side of the stoves and ovens would be the best place. There is an empty space with nothing on the other side of the wall that would be perfect, and there would be plenty of room to have them side by side.

Once that is decided, Tony has to pick a spot where the Arc Reactor will go where it wouldn't be in the way. Alina suggests making a spot in the wall to place it in.

While they are deciding where to put the equipment, Bard is overseeing the reconstruction of the wall that had been torn down by the Troll. He is in the middle of talking to the Dwarf in charge of the construction, when a raven lands on his shoulder.

"What is this?" Bard asks.

"It is a Royal Raven, My Lord," the Dwarf informs Bard.

The raven presents Bard with the letter, then flies to a nearby statue to wait for a response. Bard breaks the Royal seal and reads the letter. He then excuses himself and goes home, with the raven following behind him.

When he arrives home, Bard goes straight to his study. Taking a quill and parchment, he thinks for a moment. Then he decides that he will invite Thorin, Alina and their entourage to lunch, then they would have their discussion.

Once he finishes the letter, Bard calls the raven and gives him the letter to him, the raven bows and quickly departs. Bard then calls for his recently hired housekeeper, Amelia, she comes in and curtsies.

"Amelia, we are going to have guests for lunch today. The Royal Family of Erebor, his head advisor, and his guards. Please makes sure to have everything arranged by noon, and inform my children."

"As you wish, Your Majesty." Amelia says, curtsies then leaves the room to inform the cook.

Bard rolls his eyes, he still wasn't used to people addressing him by his Royal Title. A few moments later, Sigrid and Tilda come into his study.

"Da, is it true that the Royal Family is coming for lunch?" Sigrid asks in an excited tone.

Bard smirks, "Aye, Darlin', your beloved Fili is coming along with everyone else."

Sigrid squeals with delight, then she looks down at herself and gasps. Her dress is covered in dirt and she has smudges of dirt on her face. She and Tilda had been working in the garden all morning, she squeaks and runs out of the room.

"I have to bathe and get ready, I can't let Fili see me like this!"

Tilda takes off after her, "I can't let Kili see me like this either!"

Bard quirks an eyebrow, he had no idea his youngest had a crush on the youngest prince. All he can do is shake his head and chuckle.

Back in Erebor, Thorin has gone to explain Alina and Tony's plan to his sister. Dis is a little skeptical at first when she hears the plan.

"Will it actually work, Thorin?" She asks.

"Aye, provided that Bard and his people agree, we will need Dale's help to accomplish this. According to Tony, the seeds from their world will do very nicely in our rich soil. And if we can convince Bilbo and some of the Hobbits to move here, their expertise in farming will be invaluable. And the refrigerator and freezer will preserve our food for a long time. We shall store the food that is harvested for both ourselves and Dale."

"And the mining?" Dis asks

"We shall continue to mine and trade with the other realms, including the Elves, I would like to expand our trade as far as Rohan and Gondor if it is possible. With the teleporter, traveling there will not be a problem." Thorin explains to his sister.

At that moment the raven flies in through Dis' window and lands on her desk, he bows to both royals then gives the letter to Thorin. Thorin breaks the seal and reads the letter, when he finishes he looks up at Dis and smiles.

"It seems that the Royal Family has been invited to lunch at Bard's home, this should please Fili greatly. After lunch we shall have our discussion."

"Shall I have my maid inform the others?" Dis asks.

"No, Dwalin has a communicator, he will inform Jarvis who will inform the others, " Thorin turns to Dwalin, "Dwalin if you would inform Jarvis of what is going on and to invite Balin, Tony, Logan and Natasha, you are coming as well."

Dwalin huffs, "Of course I am coming, like I would let you out of my sight." With that Dwalin touches his ear and informs Jarvis.

Dis gives Thorin a questioning look, so Thorin explains to her what the communicators are and that he doesn't like to where one. He prefers to have Jarvis deliver his messages inside the kingdom.

"We should get you a communicator, sister, or would you prefer an Iron Man suit as one of your guards?"

"No, I would rather have that communicator thing over that monstrosity following me around, my guards are good enough. You on the other hand need all the protection you can get."

Thorin huffs, then chuckles.