Twenty-Eight

"A woman is like a tea bag. You will never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."- Eleanor Roosevelt

Keisha's POV

I watched his fangs grow longer and I panicked. This is the moment when I need to remember what my parents taught me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and I tried to remember my lessons.

I opened my eyes and look deep into his. I focused long and hard enough until I felt his grip on me loosening.

"You are so beautiful." He smiled at me and I instantly knew he was enchanted.

"What the hell?!" The other man released Veron and came over to his friend with his fangs hanging out.

He bit after my hand and I took that as my cue to run to the car. Within the blink of an eye, Veron was there beside me unlocking the door and we both got in leaving the two jerks behind.

"The bitch is getting away!" I heard one of the men shouting as he ran toward the car.

Everything happened so quickly that I felt dizzy. Veron was driving so fast that I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Veron slow down," I begged him but his eyes remained fixated on the road and he accelerated.

"Veron!" I shouted and he slowed down a bit.

I breathed.

"They are not following. You can drive at a normal speed." I told him and he relaxed.

Slowly I saw his fangs getting longer and my heartbeat quickened. "Veron. Are-are you OK?" I stuttered, not wanting to upset him.

"Your blood." He whispered hoarsely. "It's killing me. It smells even stronger than before."

And that's when I realized that my arm was bleeding. "Oh my God!" I exclaimed. "Malik is going to know I left the house. I'm bleeding."

Wrong choice of words.

Veron looked over and saw my bleeding hand and his fangs went to their full length.

I saw him taking deep breaths as the car zigzagged in the middle of the road.

He's going to bite me!

He stopped the car abruptly.
"There is a first-aid kit in the glove compartment." He said and then he was gone, leaving me in the car alone to tend to my wound.

I wiped the wound with alcohol and let out a scream. All the blood was now cleaned up but it hurt like hell.

"Are you OK?" Veron asked. I didn't even know when he came back.

"Arggg!" I tried to muffle my groans. "I'm fine. Let's just go home."

Veron didn't ask any more questions. He started the car and drove. Every few seconds he looked over at me and ask if I was alright. I knew he felt guilty for what happened to me.

"I liked the restaurant." I smiled through my pain, trying to change the subject and cheer him up at the same time.

He chuckled a bit, probably caught off guard by my cheerful mood.

"I'm glad you did. Every guy in that restaurant thought you looked sexy. It was torturous for me."

"Yeah. Ahhh!"

"Keisha you need to drink my blood. It will make the wound better." He said and I shook my head no.

"That's just gross Veron."

"Let me at least try to drip my blood unto the wound. Maybe that will work." He offered again but I denied him.

Only Malik's blood can heal my blood and I cannot tell him about the bite so it will just have to heal naturally.

"Keisha I'm really sorry." Veron apologized, his voice sounding strained. "I shouldn't have made you leave the house. I will explain everything to Uncle Malik in the morning and everything will be fine."

"No." I blurted. "You can't tell Malik about this! Promise me you won't. Promise!"

"Ok?" He said unsurely. "I promise."

"Thanks." I relaxed in my seat.

I exhaled once we reached home. Veron wanted to carry me but I turned him down. I did not want to seem weak, after all, it was not my foot that was injured.

"I'm sorry," Veron said once we reached my bedroom. "I shouldn't have made you leave the house."

I shook my head. "It's not your fault. You weren't the one who bit me."

"Still. I feel responsible." He took my hand in his carefully. "Let me see the wound. I can heal it."

I smiled realizing how little Veron knows about me and vampires overall.

"It's OK Veron. Goodnight."

"I will make it up to you." He said when I opened my door. "I'll find those sons of bitches and rip their heads off!"

"I'm sure you will," I answered as I closed the door leaving him outside.

I cleaned my wound, making sure I kept the scent of blood down. If Malik finds out I know he is going to be outraged. It will be hard trying to keep a wound from a vampire.
I should have just followed his rules. Now I know how important they are.

I stared at the bite and memories flooded my mind. This was how Papa died. Those monsters killed him.
I could feel a new wave of anger boiling up inside me.

I went and took a shower trying to calm myself down before going to bed. Malik wasn't home yet and I was thankful for that. I made sure to put on a long-sleeved blouse in case he came home and needed a 'drink'.

I fell asleep after a lot of twisting and turning as I tried not to irritate the wound any further.

A/n

Very very short chapter but hope u enjoy it....
Follow me @Kirareece
Vote for this chapter by clicking the star (if you liked it)
If you have read as far as this chapter I really appreciate you :)