Twenty

"The best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one"- Charlie Sheen

Keisha's POV

I heard Malik's voice summoning me as I walked away from Veron. I felt like I was walking away from one stress and walking into another.

I climbed the steps to his room and knocked on the door. I didn't wait for an answer. I pushed the door opened and slowly stepped in.

"Let's make this quick. I have a business to attend to." He said sternly and was right in front of me in the blink of an eye. He was dressed, as usual, in a jacket suit, and tie.

He didn't wait for me to kneel. He grabbed the back of my neck and in one swift move, his teeth were already sinking into my skin. The pain was excruciating and I had to hold onto his arms to prevent myself from falling.

It is the first time it is hurting me so badly which means Malik was really angry.

I wanted to ask him what it was but the look in his eyes was scary enough to make me keep my mouth shut.

"You can leave now." He said, using his handkerchief to wipe the corners of his mouth.

I closed the door behind me and walked shakily toward the kitchen. I needed some replenishment. I staggered a bit, holding onto the walls in the passage for support.

Damion was in the kitchen when I got there and I slumped onto the island counter.

"What's wrong Doll?" He asked. "You look pale."

"I lost some blood," I told him then clamped my hand over my mouth wishing I could take back the words. Now I'm sure Damion is going to be curious.

"Ahhh. I understand. I'll cook some greens for you. You'll feel better in no time." He said.

"You understand?" I asked in a surprised voice. Did Veron tell him about being a vampire and that this house is filled with vampires? How could Damion be so calm about this?

"Yes. I understand. I had a sister....and I had to cook a lot of greens when it was her time of the month too." He said as he started cutting the vegetables.

Oh. He's still oblivious.

"Uhm...thanks?" I answered.

"It's no problem Doll." He smiled at me and I felt relieved.

Life is so unfair. I feel like we are all lying to Damion by not telling him.

We chatted while he cooked and it was nice to have someone so optimistic to talk to.

As I took the first fork full, I let out a satisfying moan. He was a really good chef.

"I'm glad you like it." Damion beamed at me.

"I never said I liked it."

"You didn't have to say it Doll." He was still smiling. "So how did go with Vanessa?"

I stared at my plate, stirring the food on the fork idly.
"It went OK." I barely answered. "H-how did you guys meet?"

"Well Doll, that's a very long story." Damion came to sit beside me. "But I'll tell u anyway."

I smiled and he continued.

"It happened when I was at school one day. This sexy girl walked up to me and said 'hey. I want to nibble on your eyes and bite your neck.' "

I choked on my food and had to go get some water. "What happened next?" I asked once my coughing fit was subdued.

"Well, Doll. It was love at first sight. We exchanged numbers and I told her my neck and ears were all hers." He beamed.

If only he knew her as I do.

"You'll soon start liking her. I promise." He assured me. "She's a really great girl once you get to know her."

I wasn't so sure about that but she acts differently now and I'm starting to wonder if she is the same girl that murdered my family. Probably she has a twin or something. So for now I decided to put the past behind me for a while and get to know her better before I start plotting my revenge.

"I guess I could hang out with her a few times," I said and Damion's smile brightened.

"Doll that's great. She'll be happy to hear that." He kissed me on the cheek. "I'm going to tell her right now." He started to leave.

"Why don't you text her as normal people do?" I asked.

"Well because she's spending the night....well morning since it's 3 a.m now. She's up in my room."

I gasped. "She's still here?"

"Yea you need to understand that she's my girlfriend Doll. Please don't be jealous."

"Jealous of what?" I asked sarcastically as I threw my fork at him.

He caught it and laughed. He left to go tell Vanessa and I went to the living room. I didn't feel like going to my bedroom right now.

I clicked the television on and propped my feet up on the couch.

"You seem to have calmed down." I jumped when I heard his voice. Veron stood behind the couch holding a single pink rose. "I think you might like this." He said stretching the rose to me.

I took it with shaking hands. "Uhm....thanks?" I answered and he came to sit beside me.

"So am I forgiven?" He smiled shyly.

"What did you do?" I questioned.

"I honestly don't know K.P. You left the garden so hastily I'm sure I did something wrong."

I giggled. I mean I actually giggled. What the hell is wrong with me.

"So am I forgiven?" He asked again.

"I'll think about it," I told him and turned my attention back to the movie. He came closer to me, removing my feet from the couch and placing it on his lap.

I turned to look at him but he was focused on the movie acting like it was normal for me and him to be sitting like this.
"My name is Keisha," I said after a few minutes. I always find the weirdest things to say.

"I know K.P." he smiled. "We still need to talk about what happened in the garden. You said you were a nacre?"

Just then the front door opened and David and Kaitlyn walked in with hands intertwined.

Once they saw us they let go and stared at Veron. "It's not what it looks like." Kaitlyn started to say. "Please don't tell Malik."

Veron laughed. "Why would I tell him. Is it against the law or something?"

They both stared wide-eyed at Veron. "Malik doesn't allow intimate relationships."

"Your secret is safe with me then?" Veron said and they both thanked him and left.

"Malik doesn't allow intimate relationships huh?" Veron scratched his head and I nodded.

"So what about the intimate relationship I want to have with you?" He asked and I stared at him with my mouth wide open.