Seventeen

"Sometimes I'm not angry. I'm hurt and there's a big difference."

Keisha's POV

"Run Keisha run!!! Find somewhere to hide." I scrambled to my feet and started running. I didn't know where to run to. There was chaos everywhere. Overturned vehicles burning, and people running around trying to get away from the monsters.

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted but no one could hear me over all this noise. I need to find them now. I need to make sure they are ok.

My heart thumped wildly through my chest and bile rose to my throat. I felt like I was going to be sick.

Then I saw Rebecca walking toward me with that irritating smirk on her face. I don't know where my father came from but he stood in front of me. "Leave my little girl alone." He demanded as he shielded me but she just laughed in his face.

"Dad!" I screamed as I saw her sink her teeth into his neck draining his life from him.

I was suddenly being pulled from the scene by strong arms. I tried to fight but I wasn't strong enough. "You're safe now my little Nacre. I'll keep you safe." He whispered into my ear.

I opened my eyes to see the silhouette of a man standing in the doorway of my bedroom. I quickly clicked on the light but saw no one. I was positively sure that I had locked it before I fell asleep.