Twenty-One

"Wisdom is merely patience with a lot of practice."

Veron's POV

"So what about the intimate relationship I want to have with you?" I asked her.

Keisha stared at me and I wish I didn't say that. It was way too soon and she probably knows I'm only saying that to get her to tell me things.

"Excuse me?" She looked bewildered. "Did I hear you correctly?"

"I think so." I surprised myself by saying this. "Let me take you out?"

She looked away from me and I knew she had a shy smile on her face. "I'll think about it, Veron."

"OK then. That's settled." I couldn't help but smile too. Keisha had the kind of smile that was contagious.

I started planning the date in my head already. I'll take her to a nice five-star restaurant, get her to drink some expensive wine, and then ask her what I want to know. I can't believe it's going to be this easy.

"Since I agreed to go on a date with you, will you answer any questions I have?" Keisha asked.

Say what now?!

"Uhm what kinda questions K.P.?" I stared at her legs that were still on my lap.

"Just any regular questions. I love getting to know people. You're living here after all. I should know a little about you."

I nodded. "So when are you free? I'll take you to a nice restaurant in Quebec and we could-"

"No, I can't."

"You can't what? Go on a date with me? You already said yes." I know I probably sounded desperate but I didn't care.

She laughed a little. "Yes, I can go on the date. I just can't leave the house."

"Why can't you?" I was now curious.

"Well, Malik doesn't allow me to. Did you say you are going to take me to a restaurant in Quebec? Are we in Canada?" Keisha looked surprised.

"Yes......we are. Didn't you know that?" I'm not sure if she is playing with me or not.

"No. I didn't." She placed her palm on her chest. "I'll be in my room if you need anything." The sad look on her face made my stomach ache and I wanted to take her pain away by any means necessary.

I need to have a serious conversation with Malik. Why the hell would he be keeping her prisoner here. I tried to think of all the possible reasons why but I came up blank. I will just have to ask him face to face.

I walked up the stairs to uncle Malik's room and knocked on the door but he didn't answer the door. I heard muffled noises so I assumed he was being intimate with someone so I left and walked toward my room.

Uncle Malik has always had women going and coming from his room for as long as I can remember. He seriously likes every type of woman. Black, white, fat, slim. It didn't matter to him. I guess it's one of the perks of being a vampire. You can woo any woman you like.

What if I wooed Keisha? Compel her to tell me everything she knows about Rebecca.

I shook my head. It wouldn't be fair to Keisha for me to just be in her head like that. Besides I've never compelled anyone before so I have no idea what to do. I wouldn't want her to have brain damage or anything like that.