77

I woke up and I had breathing tube up my nose with an IV in my arm.

What the fuck happened?

I look down and notice Dominic holding my hand. I look over and his head is resting on my bed.

"Dominic?"

I hear him clear his throat. He shot up giving me a hug.

"What happened?"

"What do you remember?"

"Us having an argument about something. You telling me I was bleeding and then I passed out."

"After you passed out I wrapped a blanket around you. I caught an Uber hanging out in front of the arena. I made him go into the ambulance entrance. I told them what happened and they've been running test."

I swallow hard.

"Did I have a miscarriage?"

"They're not sure yet. They were waiting for you to wake up so they can do an ultrasound. It's just been mostly blood work."

"Ok. Let someone know I'm awake."

"Hey whatever this is will get through it."

I just shake my head.

Dominic comes back into the room with a nurse.

"Ok an ultrasound tech will be up soon. In the mean time you gotta drink a bunch of water. It helps them see better if the bladders full. Weird I know."

She puts two bottles of water on the table. Luckily they're room temperature I can drink them pretty fast.

"Weird."

"What?"

"I'm having no pain. I remember being in a shit load of pain before passing out."

"They threw in some pain meds with your IV."

"Ah. They're working well."

He smiles.

"Where is everybody?"

"Waiting room."

"Ok."

I grab one of the bottles and have it drank in minutes. I grab the other one samething.

Little while later the ultrasound tech came in.

"Ok lift your gown."

She tucks towels around my stomach. Then squirts that blue gel on to my stomach. Dominic's off to the side squeezing my hand.

I'm not in pain but that ultrasound wand pressing into my stomach is killing me. I feel like she's trying to see my kidneys.

"Ok I'll send the results to your doctor. Get better."

"Thanks."

"You ok?"

"Yeah that just hurt."

"I could tell. You were squeezing back pretty hard.".

"Sorry."

"I can take it. Besides you've done worse."

"This is true."

We both laugh.

Little while later the doctor comes in with a nurse.

"How are you feeling?"

"Meds are starting to wear off a little bit."

"Did she have a miscarriage?"

"That's the only good news. No you didn't have a miscarriage."