104

When my dad said Candice's name Doug's face went flush. His face is drenched with sweat. And I'm smiling watching him squirm.

Candice is Doug's secret keeper. She knows everything.

Candice gets sworn in.

"Ms. Johansson you know the plaintiff correct?"

"Yes I do."

"Can you tell the court room how?"

"We started dating while I was still with his son Dominic."

"Why did you break things off with him?"

"He became obsessed with destroying his son's life."

"Destroying how?"

"Trying to get him to divorce his wife, October.

Having me make fake videos and posting them to social media.

Trying to blackmail Dominic into being the father of his, Doug's baby."

"So you're pregnant?"

"I was. I had an abortion a few months ago. That was another thing Doug had me lie about to hurt Dominic."

"Lie about what?"

"He told me to tell Dominic after we broke up I aborted his baby just to hurt him."

"And did you?"

"No I was never pregnant. It was another lie from Doug."

"Anything else?"

"Yes."

She answers quietly.

"He wanted me to follow Dominic and October to the club she use to own. He wanted me to drug there drinks."

"For what purpose?"

"So October would find Dominic and I together. But I told him no. I told him I was done."

"How did he react?"

"Violently.

He threw some stuff and did a lot of yelling. He completing trashed my penthouse.

I told him I was done trying to ruin Dominic and October's life.

I just wanted Doug and I to go live our lives normally but he didn't want that.

And that I also said he needed to get help."

"How did he respond?"

"That he was fine. That nothing was s wrong with him. That none of this was his fault, it was there's.

And if I wasn't going to help anymore he'd destroy my life after he was finished with them."

"What did you do?"

"I packed as much as I could flew back to New York. I also got a restraining order against Doug."