96

The next day I was spending some time with Lynn and Dimitri at home. Dominic drove to the airport to pick up my parents.

Who I can't wait to see and actually spend time with them.

"You look like you're doing better."

"I actually am. Dominic and I have been talking through a lot of the shit."

"I'm glad."

"He was miserable Halloween. He didn't know what to do."

"Good thing you guys weren't on tour still."

"I don't think he would of performed."

"Speaking of performing. Have you two?"

"Not yet. If he's thinking like me he doesn't know how to approach it."

"That's understandable."

"And knowing Dominic he's gonna wait until you're comfortable with it."

"Yeah that's true too."

I hear the door open and see my parents walk in. I jump up and run up to them.

My dad gives me a big hug. When I hug my mom we both start to cry.

"I'm so happy you're doing better sweetheart."

"So am I."

We sat down in the living room with Lynn and Dimitri. Dominic went to kitchen then came back out with some drinks. I hear my dad clear his throat.

"I got this statement from Doug's lawyer."

I start to get very nervous. Dominic sat next to me wrapping his arm around me.

"Doug is pressing charges against Dominic."

"What?!

Is he getting arrested?"

"No he's ok. He's out on bail. But that's not it. Doug is pleading not guilt."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Unfortunately not. Both court dates are in a month."

"Great two weeks before London."

My voice starts to tremble.

"Um Doug isn't out of he?"

"No, no honey he's not. He actually has no bail."

"Um I didn't know when to bring it up but I guess I can now. When you were still in the hospital Candice dropped you off something."

"Seriously?!"

"I confronted her. She said she had nothing to do with what happened. That she'd even testify against him."

Wow that's unbelievably actually.

"Well I hope she's telling the truth this time and it isn't another one of there tricks."

"As pissed as I saw Dominic that day, I don't think she'd dare it."

"Do you believe her?"

"Surprisingly yeah I do."

"Then I trust you."

"Ok October you will have to be in the same room as Doug. Are you able to do that?"

I look at Dominic and my mom.

"Yeah I can do that."

"That's my girl."

DOMINIC'S POV.

I'm in such awe of my wife.

She's made so much progress in the past couple days. I'm so unbelievably proud of her.

She's talking to her family and friends. But she's talking to me. Opening up to me about it.

Letting me touch her. Letting me hold her. Letting me kiss her.

I have absolutely no idea how to go further then that though. I have no idea if she's ready for that but knowing her she'll let me know.

Until then I'm more then happy with this.

I'm listening to Jimmy talk about the kinds of things they'll ask. To try to get us mixed up. Or try to make me lose my temper.

Which with Doug in the same room as October it can happen.

Yeah I've gotten into fights before. Usually a punch or two but nothing compared to what I did to Doug's face.

Apparently he needed a couple surgeries to fix his face. Am I upset about that? Not one fucking bit.

I am pissed that they were able to put him back together again.

"So what's this concert tomorrow night?"

"All October's idea."

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart. I'm so glad you're taking this garbage of a situation and turning it into something positive to help others."

I look at October's eyes starting to get glassy. I lean and kiss her cheek.

"You doing ok?"

"Yeah. I'm good."

"I'm so proud of my selfless wife."

"We all are bestie."

"I love my family. Thank you all for your support. It means so much."

I can see a tear rolling down her cheek. I'm reluctant at first but then I bring my hand up to her face using my thumb to wipe away her tear.

I was so relieved she didn't flinch. She actually leaned into my palm.

Fuck I felt her love in that.

I look up and notice everyone looking at us with big smiles on there faces.

Hmm I love this family too.