31

I called my mom to let her know we were coming out this weekend.

Dominic and I are on a plane on our way to Colorado Springs. I'm doing a lot better on this flight then I was on the one to Vegas.

"How long have you known Lynn?"

"Since third grade why?"

"So you grew up together?"

"Yeah? Ok let me explain. I was born in Sacramento. When I got left at the orphanage the people who wanted to adopt me lived in Colorado Springs.

So Jill and Jimmy came out to Sacramento to pick me up. When I was in third grade I met Lynn.

So after I emancipated myself I lived with Lynn and her family. I got my job saved money until Lynn graduated.

We moved to LA. I took all my college classes in LA that's when I met Elizabeth."

"Ok I'm caught up on everything now?"

We both laugh.

"Yeah pretty much."

The plane lands in Colorado a little after 1:00 pm.

"Are we getting a rental car or are your parents suppose to meet us here?"

"I told them we'd get a rental car. Just in case they drive me crazy and I wanna leave."

After we get our luggage and rental car we drive to my parents house. I knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer.

"October!"

"Hi mom."

She gives me a big hug.

"Mom this is Dominic Kinkaid my um husband."

"Oh it's so nice to meet you! You know October had her room covered with your posters when she was a teenager! Come in kids."

I look at Dominic and he's biting his lip trying not to laugh.

As we're walking into the house I hear my mom ask Dominic something.

"So Dominic are you Christin?"

He just looks at me.

"She'll notice eventually."

We go inside and I lead Dominic to my old bedroom. Good thing I took down all those posters before moving out.

"So where's that one you had above your bed?"

"Shut up!"

"So should I just walk out there naked so she can see all my tattoos?"

I start laughing.

"Naw I think that one on your elbow will shut her up. Then damn me to hell..... Again."

We go back out to the living room while my mom's making lunch. She comes into the living room with a tray of sandwiches and chips.

"Um thanks Jill."

"Call me mom!"

Oh dear just kill me now.

"So where's dad?"

"Oh he's actually at work. He should be home before dinner though."

"Ok."

"So i heard about you two getting married all over the news."

"Yeah i figured you did. I'm actually waiting for you to drop the act and tell me how you really feel."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well let's see. I got married and didn't tell you. In Las Vegas. Not in a church. Plus Dominic is Jewish."

"Honey honestly I'm ok with it. I saw this all over the news weeks ago. I got all my anger out then. I never excepted you to come home though. And Dominic is Jewish?"

"Yeah I am."

"Did you convert my daughter?"

"Um I did not."

"Mom I don't believe in religion. Not yours or Dominic's. But I'm also not going to harass people who are religious. You're Christin that's fine. Dominic's Jewish that's fine. It's just not my thing."

"You're right."

"What?"

"Your whole life I pushed it on you. I know that's why you left and I'm sorry. As long as you're happy I'm happy for you."

"I forgive you. And I'm very happy but I actually have to talk to you about something."

"What's that dear?"

"When Dominic and I were in Vegas I got a call from a woman saying she was my birth mother and wanted to see me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I just don't know what to do."

"How can that woman call you after so many years and saying she wants to see you!? That's complete garbage!"

"So you don't think I should see her?"

"Honestly I think you should."

"You do?"

"Yes so she can see the beautiful girl she left behind."

Wow I did not except my mom to be like this.

After lunch Dominic and I went to my old room.

"That went a lot easier then I thought it would."

"You know I was expecting this room to be full of pictures of me."

I start laughing and go to the closet. I pull a box out.

"Open it."

I push the box over towards him. He opens the box and finds hundreds of pictures.

"Satisfied now?"

"Yeah."

We both laugh.

"Hey I was a teenager in love with a rockstar. Isn't that something most teenagers go through. Besides it also pissed off my parents."

"So you were a fan right from the start?"

"Yeah actually. I was watching YouTube videos of AFI one morning and in the recommendations there was an Asylum video. So I decided to click on it. And I was hooked! Your voice is so rough but also soft."

"Thank you."

"Then I'd sing along and act like a big dork trying to rock out."

I start laughing.

(Knock knock)

"Yeah?"

The door opens it's my mom.

"Hey dinner is ready and your dad is home."

"Ok mom will be down in a minute."

She closes the door.

"Is your dad a scary dude?"

"He's not like your dad that's for sure."