38

Dominic and I are getting ready for the award show.

"Is Asylum nominated for any awards?"

"Um a couple. Best rock band. And I think best song or video. Some shit like that. Not really something I care too much about. If we win something cool. If not that doesn't mean Asylum isn't a good band."

"That just means some people have really shitty taste in music."

"Damn straight baby."

He leans in kissing me on the nose.

"I love it when you do that."

"Good. Ok apparently we've got a limo for the night."

I look over at Dominic and he looks so uncomfortable in a tux. But damn it he looks sexy as hell.

"Dominic stop fucking with your tie

"Dominic stop fucking with your tie."

"I hate this shit!"

"But you look very handsome love."

He smiles.

"Ok let's go."

We go downstairs and out the door. The limo is waiting for us. The driver opens the door and we get in.

"Well hello you two."

I look up and it's Doug with Candice.

Great!

"What the fuck are you guys doing here?"

"Well I just thought if maybe halfway through the drive you want to switch dates for the night."

"Stop the fucking limo. NOW! No way in hell I'm switching dates. My wife. Your whore. Come on October will drive ourselves."

We both get out. Right when we get into the Lotus my phone started going off.

"Hello?"

"Is this October Scott?"

"Yes it is. Who's this."

"This is Carol. I'm your mother."

"Look what do you want?"

"I would just like to see you again. Please."

"I'll think about it."

I hang up my phone.

"Who was that love?"

"My birth mother Carol. I haven't heard her name in 17 years. She still wants to see me."

He puts his hand out taking mine into his. He brings it up to his lips kissing the back of my hand.

"Whatever you decide to do I'm here for you babygirl."

"I know. And I love you for that."

We finally arrive at the award show. There's fans and photographers everywhere.