103

We go back into the court house and take our seats. We've got Lynn, Dimitri, the rest of the band and Jason and Elizabeth sitting right behind us.

I'm so glad Dominic and I have so much support through this. I just wish I realized it sooner.

Mr. Thomas is up first and I'm kinda nervous.

"I'd like to call Dimitri Kinkaid."

What why?

Dimitri gets sworn in and sits down.

"Mr Kinkaid can you tell me what you saw when you walked into the Kinkaid house."

"I saw Doug slumped up against the wall bleeding from his face and unconscious."

"Who attacked my client?"

"My cousin Dominic but-"

"That's all."

My dad goes up to the stand.

"So Dimitri how would describe the relationship between my client Dominic Kinkaid and his father Doug Black?"

"Volatile is a good word."

"Was it always like that?"

"No. When my aunt was still alive Doug was a different man."

"Different how?"

"Objection! This has nothing to do with the case."

"I'll allow it. Mr. Kinkaid answer the question."

"When my aunt was still alive Doug still cared about his family. But once she got sick he changed.

He became distant, short tempered. He was already seeing other woman.

While Dominic was taking care of and watching his mother die. His father forgot they existed."

"Ok now let's go back to the night October was attacked. When you walked in what did you see?"

"Like I said I saw Doug against the wall

"Like I said I saw Doug against the wall. But I also saw my cousin holding his bloody and bruised wife in his arms."

"Why did you go to the house in the first place?"

"Dominic called me pleading with me to come to his house."

"He didn't say why?"