41

After Dominic and I got ready we drove to the record labels office.

We went into the lobby and Dominic talked to the receptionist. We waited for a few minutes then got called back.

I was nervous as fuck! But Dominic kept squeezing my side to try to calm me down.

"Don't be nervous baby."

"I can't help it."

We sat down at the table.

"Hello I'm Libby Downs. I'm the CEO of Clifton records."

An older looking brunette probably early 40s reached across the table to shake my hand.

"Hi I'm October Kinkaid."

"October myself and the other associates have been well aware of Doug's antics. And might I also add you've handled them very well.

You and Dominic both have represented the label well. And thanks to Dimitri we know Doug quit last night."

I couldn't help smile when I heard Libby talk. I was no longer nervous that's for sure.

"Ok so we want a video for "dance with the devil." We also want you to be in it with Dominic.

We've seen pictures and videos of the two of you for months. You two look great together.

Unfortunately we haven't came up with any good video concepts. Do the three of you have any ideas?"

I spoke up.

"Actually I do."

"Well please share it."

"Last night during Asylum's performance with Dominic and I dancing. I thought maybe a masquerade party?"

"I actually like that baby."

"So do I. As soon as you guys rerecord the song for the new album will get started on working on that video. Ok we need to get you guys a new manager."

"I've actually got an idea on that one."

"Who do you have in mind Dimitri?"

He doesn't say anything he just points to me.

"What? Me? Are you serious?"

"Well you did just have an awesome idea for the video. Plus we all like you. Dominic more then the rest of us."

I laugh.

"I agree with Dimitri."

"Well then October congratulations!"

Wait did that just seriously happen?

"Wait I'm the manager of Asylum?"

"Yes you are my love."

"See that stuff right there! Do that as much in public as possible."

After signing what felt like a hundred papers and contacts we shook everyone's hand and we left.

We were going down the elevator when I screamed.

"HOLY SHIT!!!"

"Baby you ok?"

"I'm freaking out! I'm your manager! Holy shit! I'm going vomit!"

"Please not in the elevator."

We laugh.

We got off the elevator and walk down to the studio. Michael and Shawn were already waiting.

"Hey boss lady."

Shawn gives me a big hug.

"Congratulations October."

"Thanks guys. Ok guys get in there and lay down the instrumental."

Dominic and I sat down on the couch.

"Are you really ok with this Dominic?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be."

"Well I don't want to get too bossy with you and cause an argument."

"Babygirl we think almost the same way."

"Yeah I've noticed that. We're ridiculously compatible aren't we."

"You know it my love."

He pulls me into his lap kissing all over my neck making me giggle.

After a couple hours the other guys got the music down perfectly. It was now time for Dominic to put in the vocals.

I just watched him sing. Every note, every word. No matter how good it sounded to everyone else he kept saying he could do it better.

He must of sung the first verse at least thirty times until he said it was good enough.

When it comes to his music Dominic is definitely a perfectionist.

I watched him for about four hours. I thought his voice was intense on stage. I was wrong. It's when he's in that booth. When his voice is raw.

When he finally finished the song and walked out of the booth we all stood up and applaused him.

"Babe that was amazing!"

He walks up to me and hugs me.

"Thank you my love."

"She's right Dominic that song is gonna be a huge hit!"

"Thanks guys."

I look at Dominic and he looks a bit embarrassed. It's amazing how shy he can get at times. You'd think this big muscler tattooed guy with piercings in his face would be the most outgoing person ever. But when we're out and a fan comes up to him he gets quiet and humble. I love him for that.

"Dimitri is Lynn at home?"

"Yeah I told her I'd be in a meeting then the studio all day."

"Ok well I've got an idea. Since it's like 5:30. You go pick up Lynn then will walk meet back at our house. Will order some pizzas."

All the guys agree and we leave the studio.

Little while later we were all back at mine and Dominic's house. The guys  decided to have impromptu pool party.

Lynn and I were not safe.

I tried my best to get away from Dominic but he came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. He picked me up over his shoulder carrying me back to the pool.

"Is your phone in your pocket?"

"No!"

Seconds later we were both in the pool. I popped my head up out of the water laughing hysterically.

"I love you Dominic."

"Good because I love you too."

Little while later we all got out of the pool. Dominic loaned some clothes to the guys while Lynn and I went upstairs to change.

"So bestie how's things going with Dimitri?"

"Freaking amazing! He told me he loved me!"

"Oh Lynn congratulations! I'm Asylum's new manager."

"WHAT!?"

"Yeah apparently Doug quit last night and the label isn't playing games with him. They all love Dominic and I together and absolutely hate Doug for all the crap he tried to pull!"

"Oh my goodness October that's amazing! Congratulations!"

"Thank you."

We went back downstairs joining the guys in the living room. Apparently the food got delivered. We sat on the couch together watching movies.

"Dominic?"

"Yeah?"

"I've been thinking about going to Sacramento."