78

I woke up and there was Dominic sitting in a chair.

"Hey you're awake. How do you feel?"

I look up at Dominic and he has a big smile on his face.

I reach under my hospital gown and feel a bandage over my belly button and I feel like I'm wearing a diaper

"What happened?"

"They cleaned everything up then removed what was still intact."

"Ok."

"Are you?"

"My throat hurts and my I'm thirsty."

"You had a breathing tube down your throat. And I'll go see if you can have anything."

I watch Dominic leave the room. I'm trying so hard to not lose my shit right now. Fuck my stomach is killing me.

Dominic comes back in with a bottle of water.

"You can have some water but small sips."

Dominic opens the bottle and hands it to me. I take a few small sips, enough to moisten up my mouth and throat so I can actually talk.

"When can I leave?"

"As soon as they come in with all your discharge papers baby."

I just shake my head.

Dominic keeps looking at me like he wants to ask me something but he doesn't. I'm pretty sure he can sense something's wrong with me. I just don't know how to tell him.

If I even try I know I'm gonna burst into tears. He just moves his chair closer to me grabbing my hand.

"October Kinkaid?"

"Yeah?"

"Ok I've got your discharge papers and home care instructions. Make sure your wife gets plenty of rest.

No strenuous activities.

Unfortunately you will be bleeding for two weeks.

We're giving you two prescriptions. Ones a pain killer and the other is an antibiotic.

Keep that bandage on your belly until tomorrow. No bathing for 24 hours. And you do have dissolvable stitches.