forty five

three and a half years later-

it was early morning on christmas eve eve.

i was woken up to multiple kisses being put on my neck, "good morning, gorgeous,"

my eyes fluttered open and landed on shawn's, "good morning,"

shawn proceeded to keep kissing me. he kept moving up my neck while sliding his hand on my inner thigh.

i chuckled while taking his hand off my thigh and putting it on my belly, "this isn't-"

i was interrupted by our bedroom door being opened and slammed, "good morning, mommy, daddy, and baby!"

i brought sabrina and alessandra on top of the bed, "good morning, mis amores {my loves}!"

when sabrina was around a year old, i found out i was pregnant again. nine months later, we had alessandra rose mendes, happy and healthy in our arms.

we were soon hit with another blessing, around three months ago, i found out i was pregnant again. so i was around four months today, and excited to find out the gender of this baby.

shawn grabbed sabrina from me while i kept alessandra in my arms, "are my girls excited for our party today?"

around three years ago, shawn and i started a tradition that we would have a formal christmas party the day before christmas eve. we started this because we wanted our kids to know who was close to us besides our immediate family.

sabrina nodded while clapping, "yes, i'm excited to see my padrino {godfather} michael and madrina {godmother} liyah,"

shawn kissed alessandra's cheek, "what about you, amor {love}? are you excited to see your madrinas {godmothers} katherine and mila?"

alessandra gave shawn a big smile while nodding with a lot of enthusiasm.

"okay, everybody up," shawn said while helping all of us off the bed, "mommy needs to eat before she throws up,"

i laughed before sabrina crinkled her nose, "yucky,"

"exactly, amor {love}," i said while shawn and i put a robe over our pajamas before leading the girls to the living room to wait until we finished making breakfast, "mommy and daddy need to start making breakfast so you two wait here,"

sabrina grabbed the toy box we had in the living room, "i'll take care of sandra,"

shawn and i smiled, "thank you, amor, {love,}"

shawn and i made our way to the kitchen and made breakfast for all of us.

"come on, amores {loves}!" i yelled while walking from the kitchen to the dining room, "get yourselves situated,"

sabrina grabbed alessandra's hand and they made their way to the kitchen, "okay, mommy,"

shawn and the girls sat down at the table while i prepared everyone's plate.

"oh my," sabrina said while getting up as i set the plates down.

"sabrina teresa," i said while sitting down next to shawn, "get back here,"

sabrina came back holding a bottle of maple syrup and a k cup that i put in the keurig to make my coffee, "you forgot this,"

she put the maple syrup bottle in front of shawn and the k cup in front of me.

shawn and i looked at each other while laughing, "thank you, amor {love}, but you don't put maple syrup on this, and mommy is drinking orange juice,"