thirty eight

december second-

"cassie, apurate, {hurry up,}" my mom yelled from the living room.

i got up from my bed and slowly made my way to the living room while looking at my watch, it was one am, "mom, the flight is in five hours,"

"you know how we do things, cassandra," she said while directing my dad to bring the luggage to the front door, "we need to pick up your abuelos, tías, y primo, {grandparents, aunts, and cousin,}"

"and all that is going to take five hours?" i asked.

"picking them up and getting their stuff situated in the car is going to take an hour and the drive to the airport is another hour," she said after she put her phone in her purse.

i raised my eyebrows, "and what are we going to do during the other three hours at the airport?"

she paused for a bit, then put her purse on top of a suitcase, "wait,"

"well then," i responded after laughing, "i guess i'll go get my stuff,"

"yeah, you go do that," she said while smiling before she walked out the front door.

i went back into my room and quickly texted shawn and aaliyah before i got my backpack and suitcase. my dad met me halfway for him to put my stuff in the back of the car. once he managed to get all the stuff in the car, we made our way to my grandparents' house.

"cassie," one of my aunts said, "come in the uber with us, we won't all fit in the car,"

"okay," i said before i crawled out of the back of the car.

"so, cass, are you excited to see your boyfriend perform? i know i am, especially after you played me that one song your obsessed with," my aunt, josephine, said once i got in the uber, "it was about like, being found in tokyo or something like that,"

"bitch, leave her alone," my other aunt, nancy, told her.

i chuckled, "one: he's not my boyfriend. two: cual {what} found in tokyo, it's called lost in japan. three: have i ever mentioned i love your guys' sister bond?"

they laughed, "you say that right now and thanks, your mom could've been part of the nickname calling, but once she had you, she told us to stop calling her bitch,"

"you're joking," i said surprised, "i can't imagine my mom being part of that,"

nancy shook her head, "well, it's a long-"

josephine interrupted her, "bitch, she's trying to change the subject,"

an hour long car ride later, filled with endless questions, we made it to the airport. my aunts, cousin, and i met up with my parents, grandparents, and sisters, and tried our best to stay in a group while making our way through check in, security, finding our gate, and boarding the plane. it was a challenge, but we did it, and before we knew, we were on a plane, on our way to toronto.

arriving in toronto-

once we landed, we rushed out of the plane to try to get done with immigration and customs as fast as possible. after making it through all that and getting our luggage, we hopped in different ubers to take us to the mendes household.

my mom didn't want to make karen and manny go out of their way to pick us up at the airport, so we already planned ahead to take ubers to their house.

after a not that long car ride, we made it to the mendes'.

"well hello there," karen and manny said after we got out of the ubers, "¡bienvenidos a canada! {welcome to canada!}"

"ay," my grandma said before hugging them, "¡muchas gracias! {thank you very much!}"