seven

i only had a few days left in canada, and by a few, i meant three. i so wasn't ready to leave.

the only thing i was excited about back home was finally being able to see my family in person. yeah, being in canada was fun and all, but i missed my family and friends.

normally shawn and aaliyah would surprise me at my hotel in the morning, but i was going to surprise them. i woke up early in order to do this, so they should feel honored.

before i quickly changed, i ordered an uber so it would be there by the time i finished. i changed into a random adidas hoodie i found, black adidas leggings, and black and white superstars. for hair, i threw it up in a ponytail, and for makeup, i kept it simple. [outfit below]

after i changed, i picked out an actual outfit for later

after i changed, i picked out an actual outfit for later. a hoodie and leggings were comfortable and all, but not exactly presentable.

once i had everything situated, i got a message from my uber that they were there and i quickly started heading out of the hotel. within seconds, i started heading off to the mendes'.

halfway through the car ride, i realized i had no way in, but that's when i remembered karen was an early bird and was most likely awake. i called her and she answered on the first ring. i quickly explained the situation and she was more than happy to help.

once i arrived, karen was outside waiting for me. she first hugged me and then helped me with my stuff.

"let's head inside," she said with a warm smile.

"yeah, it's freezing," i responded while shivering.

she chuckled, "imagine later when it's really snowing,"

i was shocked, "it's going to be snowing more than this?"

"yeah," she said with a smile, "i love it,"

"i don't!" a voice from inside the house yelled.

"we get it, manny!" karen replied, "you're too loud,"

"whatever," manny said while rolling his eyes at karen before hugging me, "hi, how are you?"

"good, you?" i said with a smile as i asked.

"great, actually," he responded, "i'm really enjoying my coffee from the keurig you got me,"

"and i'm really enjoying my tea from the gift box you got me," karen said.

i was happy they loved their gifts, "i'm glad both of you are enjoying your thank you for caring for me while i almost died/early christmas presents,"

when aaliyah went christmas shopping, i gave her my credit card and asked her if she could get karen and manny a gift from me. i didn't feel like making a big deal, so i had aaliyah give it to them.