thirty one

a week and a half later-

the day had arrived, camila's fragrance party.

i got up around eight to start getting ready. my outfit was simple because i would be doing the full glam later.

i changed into a cropped pink hoodie, skinny jeans, white nike's, and black sunglasses. i put my hair in a low bun with some pieces of hair framing my face and i didn't do any makeup. [outfit below]

right before i called an uber, i texted aaliyah i was about to leave my house because we made plans to go to brunch together

when aaliyah showed up to my house a week and a half ago, she left shortly after we finished our conversation because she had to go back with shawn.

and shawn, i hadn't talked to him since the facetime call. he texted and called me a few times, but i didn't respond or answer because i was still hurt by the fact he chose not to trust me.

anyways, it was around nine when i started making my way to the hotel the event would be held at. all of the guests would be staying at the hotel and the event would be in the hotel's ballroom, which was nice.

once i arrived at the hotel, a bellhop got my small suitcase from the trunk and led me to the front desk.

"hello, welcome," the front desk lady said with a smile.

i smiled back, "hi, i'm checking in,"

she looked down at her computer, "name please,"

"cassandra gutierrez," i said while handing her my id.

she looked at my id then back at the computer, "you were placed with shawn and aaliyah mendes, correct?"

"correct," i confirmed.

"those two already checked in," she said while handing me my id and two room cards, "three-hundred-sixty-five and three-hundred-sixty-six are your shared rooms, which are connected by a door,"

"thank you," i said while walking to the elevator with my suitcase.

i quickly got myself organized in the elevator before i stepped out. once i got to one of the rooms, i knocked on the door, then texted aaliyah.

the door opened, "aaliyah, were you expect-"

i looked up from my phone and looked into his eyes and didn't say anything.