three

our hug.

it had forever changed me.

okay, i'm over exaggerating, but i mean, it was a pretty good hug. since he was way taller than me, he engulfed me in his arms.

after our hug, shawn and i made our way to sit down at the table. as i was going back to my chair, aaliyah raised an eyebrow at me with an 'i ship is so hard' look on her face, which made me blush. she then proceed to raise an eyebrow at shawn, which made him blush as well.

he ended up taking the seat on the right of me.

shawn and i then proceed to start a conversation while aaliyah was having one with karen and manny.

shawn spoke, "how are you liking it here?"

"i really like it, i got here less than forty eight hours ago, and i haven't done much, but so far it's going pretty good," i responded.

shawn smiled, "i bet becoming friends with people that are from here has made it more fun for you to connect to canada,"

i laughed a little, "yeah, but so far it's just aaliyah,"

he gave me a charming smile, "and now me,"

"and now you," i repeated with a smile.

"anyways, any plans for tomorrow?" he asked before taking a sip of his water.

"actually, yeah. aaliyah said she was taking me sightseeing," i responded, "but i'm probably going to the gym at like six thirty in the morning, i haven't gone since i left home,"

"there's this place i always go to," he said, "it's pretty good, i could take you with me tomorrow morning if you want,"

"i would like that," i responded.

"good," he said with that smile of his.

i thought about how he would contact me, "so should i give you my number?"

he smirked, "oh, you want me to have your number?"

"don't get too cocky there," i stated rolling my eyes playfully.

"a guy can dream," he said as we traded phones so we could put our numbers in.

"what did you do?" i asked since he was laughing when he handed me my phone back.

"you'll find out soon," he said with a wink.

"i just met you and i can already tell you're a big flirt," i said truthfully while laughing.

that's when aaliyah spontaneously joined the conversation, "if you two are 'flirting', you should work on it,"

shawn and i both stayed quiet, mostly because i feel like we both knew it was true.

manny cleared his throat, which made all of us turn to him, "shawn, you never finished telling us about your trip,"

shawn was somewhat laughing, but he was trying to keep a serious face, "maybe because you fell asleep just as i was going to start the story, mr. mendes,"

"whatever, just tell it now!" manny yelled playfully.

shawn started telling us about this 'trip' he took. he went all over the world, woah. shawn went to north america, australia, europe, asia, and even more places.

if i'm being honest, i didn't really catch everything he said. i mostly just studied his features and movements. for example, his facial expressions and hand movements he made while he was describing something. he could be talking about the most boring thing possible and make it interesting.