seventeen

two days later-

i woke up to the sound of my alarm going off.

i slowly made my way to the kitchen table.

"morning!" sophia said while shoving food in her mouth.

i sat down at the table, "morning,"

"i made pancakes," my mom said while giving my dad a plate.

"what's the occasion?" i asked.

my dad responded, "it's easter, did you forget?"

i poured coffee in my mug, "maybe,"

my mom sat at the table, "church is at twelve, so i suggest you start getting ready soon,"

i looked at my phone and saw it was nine. i also noticed i had a text from shawn.
"let's talk?"

i decided to ignore it and put my phone down.

"i don't take that long," i said while laughing.

everyone at the table started laughing, "yes you do,"

"stop bullying me," i said sarcastically.

once i finished eating, i hopped in the shower and started getting ready.

i changed into a white strapless shirt, a long pink skirt, a white cardigan, nude heels, rings, the bracelet aaliyah gave me, and the watch shawn gave me. for makeup, i did something simple, and for hair, i did an up-do. [outfit below]

we went to my grandma's house first to pick her up, then we went straight to church

church was great actually. i like going because it helps clear my mind of negativity. it also helps put things into better perspective.

once we finished saying goodbye to family friends at church, we went home.

every year, my parents host a party right after church at the park with family.

it's fun getting together with everyone and just hanging out and catching up.

i had a lot of catching up to do with my cousins.

"so," my cousin, annabelle, said, while walking to an area of the park to take pictures, "how's your man?"

i kept a straight face, "i don't have a man,"

she rolled her eyes, "fine, how's shawn?"

"i don't know," i responded.

she scrunched her eyebrows, "how do you not know?"