thirty seven

i woke up on the floor of my bedroom in shawn's arms with a blanket around us.

"good morning, señorita mendes," katherine whispered so shawn wouldn't be able to hear, even though he was asleep, "did you sleep well in prince charming's arms?"

"very funny," i said sarcastically while rubbing my eyes, "and yes, i did, i knocked the fuck out after black friday shopping,"

"me too," aaliyah said with a groggy voice while she raised her hand.

"where's everyone else?" i asked, referring to our other cousins.

"they're all in the living room with the adults," katherine responded.

"that's," i paused for a second, "very much unlike them,"

"enough about that," katherine said before clearing her throat, "so a little birdie told me someone special, also known as shawn mendes, is taking you out today,"

"he is," i confirmed, "but i'll tell him to raincheck today if you guys want me to,"

katherine looked at me with a shocked expression, "you think i'm letting you cancel?"

i chuckled, "by your facial expression, i'm assuming no,"

"everyone is leaving midday today anyways, so it wouldn't impact us," katherine said.

"let's all get breakfast!" aaliyah said.

"omg, yes!" katherine yelled back.

shawn shifted his position and pulled me into his arms again, "why are you all being so loud?"

i laughed at his sleepiness, "we're discussing plans for the day,"

shawn shot up, "you mean, our plans for the day,"

"we have guests over, we can't just ditch them, i can't just ditch them," i said.

"i forgot about that," he responded.

"then good thing she reminded you," aaliyah said while walking out of the room, "i'll let everyone know we're going to breakfast,"

"don't worry lovebirds," katherine said while getting up, "after everyone leaves around lunch time, y'all can have the rest of the day alone,"

shawn laughed, "so we're all going to breakfast?"

"yep, you, me, and my cousins," i said.

shawn put his head in the crook my neck, "you should invite your friends,"

i tossed him my phone while i got up, "why don't you call them while i start getting ready?"

shawn unlocked my phone and went to jocelin's contact, "alrighty,"

i got my outfit and made my way to the bathroom to start getting ready.

i changed into a baggy black sweater, leggings, black booties, a cartier bracelet and ring, the necklace shawn gave me, and big sunglasses. for hair, i put it up in a messy bun, and i decided to not wear any makeup. [outfit below]

 [outfit below]