thirty five

halloween-

when i woke up, the first thing i did was check my phone. and that was when i realized, it was halloween. today was shawn's halloween party, and i didn't even have a costume.

at my birthday party, shawn told me he was going to throw a halloween party in malibu at a beach house and i was to be there with my friends. and when i mentioned it to my friends, they agreed once they heard 'halloween party'.

i managed to get up and change into an oversized 'youth' hoodie that was probably shawn's, and leggings. super basic.

once i finished changing, i made my way to the dining area to find jocelin and her family.

"good morning, frijolita!" jocelin said while she took a bite of her pancakes.

"morning?" i responded with a confused tone.

"buenos días!" i said to jocelin's parents and sister.

my mom came out of the kitchen, "look who finally decided to join us,"

i rolled my eyes playfully, "hi, mom,"

"eat," she said while putting a plate down in front of me, "jocelin said you two are going to the mall, so we're taking the girls to the park,"

i looked at jocelin, "we are?"

she kicked my feet under the table.

i faked smiled, "we are,"

jocelin and i ate quickly and made our way out of my house, leaving our family behind.

"you're dumb, of course we're going to the mall," jocelin said while pulling out of the driveway, "we need to get our costumes for tonight,"

i grabbed my phone, "i was going to go later today,"

she just rolled her eyes, "so,"

i still looked at my phone, responding to shawn's text, "so?"

she continued driving, "when were you planing on telling me about the kiss that happened between you and shawn on your birthday?"

i looked up, "um,"

she sighed, "you weren't, huh?"

"it was spur of the moment, it meant nothing," i said, "i think,"

she raised her eyebrows, "you think?"

i sighed, "listen, i don't know, can we drop this for the moment,"

"sure," she said calmly, "for now,"

when we got to the mall, we immediately walked into a store and stayed in there for two hours getting everything we needed.

jocelin swung her bags around, "we're going to be the best dressed duo at this party,"

i laughed, "possibly," 

"what are we going to do before heading over to anthony's?" she asked.

"lunch then coffee?" i suggested.

she smiled, "you read my mind,"

jocelin and i stopped by olive garden and enjoyed some pasta before going to starbucks and getting some coffee. once we finished, we headed over to anthony's.

"hello, girls," anthony's mom said after she opened the door.

"hey," jocelin and i said.

"please come in," she said while opening the door more with a smile, "they're in anthony's room,"