fourteen

march first-

it was friday, right after school, and i was facetiming aaliyah. we had a lot to catch up on, and she was also helping with my math homework at the same time. somewhat.

"just use that formula for the rest of the problems," she said, "and you should be fine,"

i put my math books away, "thanks,"

she smiled, "anytime,"

i smiled back, "so?"

"so, your boyfriend, a.k.a my brother," she said while smirking, "how has he been doing?"

i rolled my eyes, "why don't you ask him?"

she gasped, "you didn't even deny he's your boyfriend,"

i sighed, "that's because you talk so fast, i can't even understand what you're saying,"

she was about to say something, but was interrupted by my phone ringing.

i saw who it was, and declined it. i'll just call him later.

aaliyah started talking again, "anyways, as i was say-"

my phone rang again, this time i put it on silent.

"who keeps calling you?" she asked.

i put my phone down, "your brother,"

"just answer his call," she said while rolling her eyes, "he's going to keep calling you until you answer,"

i looked back at my phone, "fine, i'll text you,"

she waved to the camera, "love ya, bye,"

"bye," i said as i ended the call with aaliyah, so i could now facetime shawn.

when shawn answered, he had a big smile on his face.

"you interrupted a really good conversation i was having with your sister," i said while trying to keep a straight face.

"great," he said while still smiling, "i have news you're going to like,"

"okay?" i said.

he yelled, "i'm going to la next week!"

i was shocked, "you're kidding,"

shawn has been trying to come to la for the past two months, but it really wasn't working out.

he shook his head while still smiling.

"we're going to have to meet up," i said with excitement, "just text me where to meet up with you, and i'll be there,"

"well," he said while sighing, "i don't have the address of where the grammys are going to be held at the moment, so i'll find that out soon and get back to you,"

i smiled, "thats fine, just let me know when you-"

wait, did he say grammys?

"wait, you're coming for the grammys?" i questioned, still not believing what he said.

"yeah," he said calmly, "and you're coming with me,"

"¿que? {what?}" i yelled.

"shawn!" someone yelled in the background, "they're waiting for you!"

"sorry, i have to go," he said, "i'll call you later,"

i nodded and waved, but didn't say anything. i was still shocked.

"well then, you're cute when you're in shock," shawn said as he chuckled, "bye,"

the call ended.