thirty four

a month later-

i was half asleep when my door opened.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear cassie, happy birthday to you!" my parents and sisters sang while they spread around my room.

my mom put the cake in front of my face and i blew out my candles.

"you guys are so sweet," i said while i wiped away my tears.

"anything for you, mi tesoro, {my treasure,}" my mom said while hugging me, "happy birthday, mija,"

"no lo puedo creer, tienes dieciocho, {i can't believe it, you're eighteen,}" my dad said.

"ew, you're old," my sisters said while jumping onto my bed.

"be nice to the birthday girl," my mom scolded.

both of them rolled their eyes, "fine, sorry,"

my parents then sat on my bed and we all started eating the cake.

"so," i said while shoving a piece of cake in my mouth, "is there a plan for today?"

"there is," my mom said blankly.

i raised my eyebrows, "do i get to know the plan?"

"nope," she responded, "as things are about to happen, you'll be notified,"

"i don't like surprises," i said.

"we know," they all said in unison.

i put my hand on my forehead, "and does your guys' plan have room to go pick up the mendes' from the airport?"

a week after i left canada, my parents invited the mendes' over for my birthday. shawn and aaliyah were instructed to not tell me anything about was was happening. all they were allowed to tell me was that they were coming.

rihanna started talking, "we're not-"

"stop talking!" my mom screamed before she thought for a bit, "we're going to pick them up after we get breakfast,"

"so we're going to breakfast?" i asked.

"yes, we are," she responded.

"and we should start getting ready," my dad said while looking at his phone before turning to my mom, "we don't want to be late,"

"good point," my mom said while getting up, "girls, start getting ready,"

while my sisters were getting up, one of them grabbed my phone and gave it to my mom.

"um, excuse you, i need that!" i yelled.

"no you don't!" my mom said before closing my door and leaving me alone.

since i showered last night, i didn't have to in the morning, so i went straight to my closet and got my outfit.

i changed into a striped pantsuit, black heels, the ring from the set i gave shawn, a cartier bracelet and ring, and the necklace shawn gave me. for hair, i did two dutch braids and put it into a ponytail and for makeup, i did something smoky but natural. [outfit below]

 [outfit below]