nine

i was surprised by the words that came out of his mouth, "what?"

"i had my manager book you a flight to new york on new year's eve," he said, practically screaming, "i know you were really bummed out you didn't get to go to new york because you got sick,"

i was shocked, "i don't know what to say. um, thank you,"

he chuckled, "think of it as a part two to your christmas present,"

"okay," i said while laughing.

we both didn't say anything for a moment. we were just enjoying each other's presence until we were interrupted.

my eight year old sister busted the door open, "¡cassie, apúrate! {hurry up!}"

"¡ya voy! {i'm going!}" i yelled back at her before giving shawn my attention again, "i'm sorry, shawn. i have to go,"

"it's fine, i should've called you tomorrow morning," he said, "i'll text you the details later,"

"yeah, okay. i'll talk to you later," i said with a big smile even though he couldn't see it.

"i'll make sure you do," he responded with most likely with a smile, "merry christmas, shorty,"

i smiled, "merry christmas, mendes,"

after the phone call, i went back with my family and opened presents and took pictures.

instagram:

115,652 likescassiegutierrez: feliz navidad🎄❤️

115,652 likes
cassiegutierrez: feliz navidad🎄❤️

12,345 comments
fanaccount1: you're bilingual, i see you😏
aaliyahmendes: you're perfect, merry christmas💕
jocelinponce: yes, queen!!!
cassiegutierrez: awww, you're perfect💓 aaliyahmendes ilysm💘 jocelinponce
fanaccount2: you're ugly
shawnmendes: see you soon, shorty. merry christmas xx
fanaccount3: um, ilysm= i love you, shawn mendes🤔
cassiegutierrez: ❤️ shawnmendes
fanaccount4: only a red heart for shawn? hmmm
fanaccount5: 'see you soon'? they're reuniting? but when? ahhh, so many questions🤦‍♀️

new year's eve-

the past few days were great.

i was just hanging out with family and friends since i wouldn't see some of them for a while, and i also talked to aaliyah over facetime a lot. she couldn't come to new york because she already made plans with her friends for new year's.

my parents were surprisingly okay with me going to new york for new year's. they said i was almost eighteen, and they thought i should be able to have some freedom, only some. also, they were going out of town, so it didn't really affect them.

my flight was at six am, so that meant i had to wake up at two thirty am. getting ready would take thirty minutes, actually getting to lax would take an hour, and handing security and everything would take two hours. the flight would take six hours, but there was a three hour time difference, so i would get to new york around three pm.